Official Montana 2024 Draw Thread

What season will you be hunting this year?

• Archery

Votes: 44 31.2%
  • Rifle

Votes: 38 27.0%
  • Both

Votes: 59 41.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
for real. how long does it take for the refund typically? i've been really fortunate and have drawn the first 4 years i applied and haven't had the refund scenario yet - until now.. womp.
I'm thinking around the end of the month but I don't recall for sure. I do remember that it seemed to take a long time to get refunded the last time I didn't draw.

Question. Drew a general combo with 0 pts. Still waiting on my New Mexico results. If for some reason I catch lightning in the bottle and draw NM can I return my general tag?

General Big Game Combo with 2 points
2 buddies drew general deer tags, waiting to hear if the third did.

Question. Drew a general combo with 0 pts. Still waiting on my New Mexico results. If for some reason I catch lightning in the bottle and draw NM can I return my general tag?
Yeah, you'll get 80% back if you do it by the end of July or whenever their date is.

GoatPackr

WKR
Not successful on big game general with 1 point. Only option now is upto drawing a super tag
Probably better odds than the general big game with 1 point so I'm hopeful.

Kris

Successful with 0 points. Called this morning after I saw results to confirm and had 2 different employees say that the draw is not finalized and will be released later this week? Anyone else call and hear this? This was before the website crash though.
The draw is done, results are posted
You called prior to the entire draw being comolete

waspocrew

Lil-Rokslider
No dice for me on the elk permit - just general elk and deer. No biggie as it's my first year as a MT resident and I'm definitely still trying to figure out areas worth pursuing in the future.

Pancake

FNG
Drew the general with 2 points and an archery permit with 7. Can't wait to get out there!