Official Montana 2024 Draw Thread

What season will you be hunting this year?

• Archery

Votes: 44 31.2%
  • Rifle

Votes: 38 27.0%
  • Both

Votes: 59 41.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Iluvbig8s

FNG
Buddy and I didn’t draw with 2 pts. First time hunting Montana was 2022 and was really hoping to make the drive from Ohio again. Super bummed to say the least. Congrats to those nonresidents that made the cut!

my group drew big game combo and also finally got our breaks tag. 2pp and 5 bonus points. Now hopefully all this backdoor talk is over.

My drawing success doesn't look good:

Successful​

× Warning: You do not have any successfully drawn licenses/permits for drawings finalized so far in 2024.

Not Successful​

2024 Big Game Combo - General

I went in with the always unsuccessful 1 point. But it says "So FAR", so maybe there is still a chance!

dryfly

FNG
Unsuccessful. Somebody start the Official 2024 Montana Refund Thread so I can follow for a couple months
for real. how long does it take for the refund typically? i've been really fortunate and have drawn the first 4 years i applied and haven't had the refund scenario yet - until now.. womp.

TimbeHuntin

Lil-Rokslider
for real. how long does it take for the refund typically? i've been really fortunate and have drawn the first 4 years i applied and haven't had the refund scenario yet - until now.. womp.

Year before last many people didn’t receive theirs in the mail until mid-June. I believe last year was faster, though.

Successful with 0 points. Called this morning after I saw results to confirm and had 2 different employees say that the draw is not finalized and will be released later this week? Anyone else call and hear this? This was before the website crash though.

Gettin’by

FNG
Classified Approved
Drew deer combo with 1 point. Drew last year, was planning ahead for 2025 and didn’t anticipate drawing this year. Pretty excited!

Axlrod

WKR
Man that's disheartening... Starting to think I'd rather have 3-4 quality hunts vs a once in a lifetime hunt...

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
Oh it's way worse than that. They have only had this system of points for elk, 22 years. I have put in for that area since it's inception- 36 years I think. Everybody I know has had that tag and a few have had it twice. Then there is goat and sheep- been putting in 48 years.
I get to spend a lot of time hunting, I love being in the mountains. But this year for the first time in close to 5 decades, I was not excited or hopeful, or even looking forward to the draws.