Official Montana 2022 draw thread!

Did you draw and with how many preference points?

• 0 points, successful

Votes: 37 16.0%
  • 0 points, unsuccessful

Votes: 15 6.5%
  • 1 point, successful

Votes: 6 2.6%
  • 1 point, unsuccessful

Votes: 36 15.6%
  • 2 points, successful

Votes: 72 31.2%
  • 2 points, unsuccessful

Votes: 15 6.5%
  • 3 points, successful

Votes: 17 7.4%
  • 3 points, unsuccessful

Votes: 5 2.2%
  • Resident/NA

Votes: 28 12.1%

• Total voters

Scoot

WKR
So the drawing is on Thursday. Will the results be posted on Thursday?

fatlander

WKR
You folks with 2.5 and even 2 points are in probably in the 90%+ chance range of drawing so I wouldn't be too worried. Now me with 1 point yea, I'm worried but maybe I still have 10% chance. Most other types of drawings I'm in my chances of winning are infinitely smaller. One in a million you say, then I have a chance! :)

90%+ at 2 points, no way.

15k people didn’t draw with one point last year. Add that to the people that just didn’t jump in last year, and will this year with 2 or 3 points. Plus, every outfitted client can have two points from the jump.

No one is drawing with 1 point man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
B
I purchased a preference point so I have a total of one. I applied for the big game combo with my target on next year, or even the year after.

I am planning this year's hunts on the assumption I will not draw Montana so it would actually be a bit distressing with hunt re scheduling if I did.
Same exact thought/plan.

I’m betting 40% at 0 points, 10% at 1, 75% at 2, and 100% at 3.

We’ll see shortly how close that guess is.

fatlander

WKR
As messed up as this new system is, it won’t last long. The outfitter and guide association will have it changed again, as not all their clients will draw with 2 points this year. Can’t wait to see what they come up with next.

OP
B
I am guessing something similar at 2. However, if 2 points are less than 100%, 1 point has to be 0%.
Not sure how exactly FWP does their math, somehow last year one person didn’t draw with 2 points, yet 1 point was some 30ish percent or so. 3 points was obviously 100%.

I’m guessing somehow top points is always 100% and the remaining tags get divided up between 1 and 2 by a certain percentage. You could be right though.

fatlander

WKR
Not sure how exactly FWP does their math, somehow last year one person didn’t draw with 2 points, yet 1 point was some 30ish percent or so. 3 points was obviously 100%.

I’m guessing somehow top points is always 100% and the remaining tags get divided up between 1 and 2 by a certain percentage. You could be right though.

It’s straight preference for 75% of the nonresident combos and 25% for those with ZERO points.

That one person that didn’t draw is a weird anomaly that shouldn’t have happened. FWP also doesn’t break out in between a bucket so maybe that one person that didn’t draw with two points applied with others that had less or no points and they were the only person with 2 points themselves that didn’t draw.

1649799607249.png

I can't say for sure what I said was right, but it sure drew a flurry of response anyway.:p
Apparently, there was a huge change in odds from 2020 to 2022. I drew in 2020 with just one point! I know not everyone drew that year with just one point but many did. I didn't follow the draw last year as I made no plans to hunt Elk for the first time in several years. It does appear that if by some miracle I do draw, a lot of folks will probably be pissed. ;)

OP
B
It’s straight preference for 75% of the nonresident combos and 25% for those with ZERO points.

That one person that didn’t draw is a weird anomaly that shouldn’t have happened. FWP also doesn’t break out in between a bucket so maybe that one person that didn’t draw with two points applied with others that had less or no points and they were the only person with 2 points themselves that didn’t draw.

Not surprisingly I’m wrong and FWP either messed up or doesn’t know what they are doing.😂