*OFFICIAL 2019 Western Hunting Expo thread

IH8Cali

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for all the updates everyone and posting the content. I swore I was going to go this year but ended up passing again, definitely need to go next year.

I had a good conversation with Mark today and we talked a little about some of the updates, not particularly about the taller frame. He just briefly mentioned a taller frame as one of the new options. However, he did say that the frame will be a few ounces lighter ( I think he said 6-8) as well as some other small updates. I don't want to misspeak and dish out inaccurate info though. Sounds like they'll be rolling out early June. He's a cool guy and it was good to talk with him about packs, gear, and not just changing stuff just for the sake of changing stuff. It'll be interesting to see what they do.

Dang.. Wonder if there is a more involved change to the frame as well?

OP
Travis Bertrand

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks for all the updates everyone and posting the content. I swore I was going to go this year but ended up passing again, definitely need to go next year.

I love the screen name! And it was fun. You need to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
Dang.. Wonder if there is a more involved change to the frame as well?
From what they told me, the frame part itself isn't changing, that part will remain the same. Could be smoke and mirrors, but at this point it would seem a little late to be trying to make frame changes and hit production timelines.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

TheTone

WKR
A few pics of the Traverse pants I mentioned the other day.
d4551b845d4a094376ce36c46123e81a.jpg
f14ea9c3545fe40bd280bca7ba5e332f.jpg
208e57434ab96f2de5da5915e02db3ac.jpg
b35bf73dc1639a4fc195dfcf1c133105.jpg

Nice, they look a lot like older Ascent pants I have and love. The current Ascent's are almost too light for me. Looks like I get to decide between the traverse and apex for new pants this year

sneaky

"DADDY"
Nice, they look a lot like older Ascent pants I have and love. The current Ascent's are almost too light for me. Looks like I get to decide between the traverse and apex for new pants this year
Yep. The new 4 way stretch material in them is nice, they feel like pajama pants lol. The price point on them is going to be nice as well. New catalog has them listed at $169 but the reps were saying they'll be $149. Makes it $149 vs $209.

JimCraig

Lil-Rokslider
From what they told me, the frame part itself isn't changing, that part will remain the same. Could be smoke and mirrors, but at this point it would seem a little late to be trying to make frame changes and hit production timelines.

Yeah I agree. It didn't sound like any major frame changes. Mark did say there will be some small changes to the attachment points to the frame. They'll be using a g hook type attachment on the top two points where the load lifters are, and I'm pretty sure he said they were going to 1 inch webbing for the bottom attachment straps. But yeah, that's what I remember but of course I could be wrong.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Draw results are up. Spoiler alert!! Sorry I didn't see any ones name I recognized. Had high hopes for you Slim Jim because your naturally lucky but just not enough for this go around I guess.
Looks like the MTN ops crew did draw a few though. Heck of a time catching up with everyone and hell there's always next year.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Slim Jim

WKR
Draw results are up. Spoiler alert!! Sorry I didn't see any ones name I recognized. Had high hopes for you Slim Jim because your naturally lucky but just not enough for this go around I guess.
Looks like the MTN ops crew did draw a few though. Heck of a time catching up with everyone and hell there's always next year.

Hahaha can’t win em all. Maybe next year. It was cool to finally meet ya bud

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
Funny how celebrities and sponsors always seem to draw tags. Chad Mendes drew a sheep tag, and Randy Walk from Hoyt drew a tag as well. Heck, several booth sponsors won tags. It's a ripoff, has been from day one. SFW collecting their 70% though.

mmw194287

WKR

A few???

Trial153

WKR
Funny how celebrities and sponsors always seem to draw tags. Chad Mendes drew a sheep tag, and Randy Walk from Hoyt drew a tag as well. Heck, several booth sponsors won tags. It's a ripoff, has been from day one. SFW collecting their 70% though.

There would be a lot a variables at play in this..... but none the less it would be interesting to see a comparison of winners compared to industry types vs general participation

sneaky

"DADDY"
There would be a lot a variables at play in this..... but none the less it would be interesting to see a comparison of winners compared to industry types vs general participation
Several names on the winner list associated with Mossback as well. Just seems interesting that year after year there's a lot of associated names on the tag list, they have been called out on it before. They do the drawing through their own system I believe, I don't believe they have an outside firm handle it. Just a normal day in Utah tag distribution.

Trial153

WKR
Several names on the winner list associated with Mossback as well. Just seems interesting that year after year there's a lot of associated names on the tag list, they have been called out on it before. They do the drawing through their own system I believe, I don't believe they have an outside firm handle it. Just a normal day in Utah tag distribution.

Maybe Brain Call will do a pod cast video defending it.

CorbLand

WKR

You mean that if Utah had its way it would be pay to play?

sneaky

"DADDY"
Hey guys, picked this up at the Phone Skope booth (they sell it) at EXPO.

I think I like it better than trioxane, as long as it doesn't degrade over time. Here's a five minute video on two fires I built in pretty bad conditions:

I figured you would just stare at the wood til it started shaking so bad it caught on fire from the friction. Pyro putty works too I guess.