OCL Polonium K

The Guide

WKR
Has anyone used the Otter Creek Labs Polonium K suppressor and care to share their opinions on it? I have a couple of 223 and 6mm rifles with the 1/2 - 28 threads that I'd like to run this on to keep my barrel length where it is but still run suppressed. This sounds like it would be the most value added 223 design I've seen since it isn't locked into just 223 and can also handle 243 work without being overbored like a dedicated 7.62 suppressor.

Jay

OP
The Guide

The Guide

WKR
Have one but it has never left an overgassed 556 AR so I can’t say much about how it sounds on a bolt gun. AR is loud but like I said, overgassed, so hard to place the blame.
It is sold a a pretty decent price but I'd hate to get it and find that it doesn't take the edge off when I have an Omega 300 that seems to work good on my 6CM but is just longer.

Jay

It is sold a a pretty decent price but I'd hate to get it and find that it doesn't take the edge off when I have an Omega 300 that seems to work good on my 6CM but is just longer.

Jay

Totally understand, the price was a selling point to me too. I'd spin it on and try but haven't bothered because I have a CB-flash hider tacked on my 14.5" AR to avoid NFA stamp reqs so the Polo K also has the CB hub adapter in it and I haven't wanted to know bad enough to play adapter musical chairs and try in on the 6 creed and 223 tikka that wear a scythe and ultra 7.

If i get a minute in the next couple weeks I might give it a try but range time is pretty packed full of other things i'm trying to accomplish right now before season.

OP
The Guide

The Guide

WKR
Totally understand, the price was a selling point to me too. I'd spin it on and try but haven't bothered because I have a CB-flash hider tacked on my 14.5" AR to avoid NFA stamp reqs so the Polo K also has the CB hub adapter in it and I haven't wanted to know bad enough to play adapter musical chairs and try in on the 6 creed and 223 tikka that wear a scythe and ultra 7.

If i get a minute in the next couple weeks I might give it a try but range time is pretty packed full of other things i'm trying to accomplish right now before season.
Tis the busy season. Everyone is getting ready to go kill something.

Jay

_S_R_

FNG
Adding to consideration Polonium 30.
Only 1” longer an 2oz heavier with better suppression and multi caliber capabilities.

Luke S

Lil-Rokslider
I like my Polonium 30 a lot on a 308 bolt action. But I don't know about a shorter version. I consider mine good enough to shoot without ear pro occasionally. Important because I have damage to an ear and I don't want more.

OP
The Guide

The Guide

WKR
Adding to consideration Polonium 30.
Only 1” longer an 2oz heavier with better suppression and multi caliber capabilities.
Not according to PEW Science. They score the Polo-30 at 30.9, the Polo K at 32.5, and the regular Polonium at 37.7 in their testing. For use with the 223 and 6mm cartridges the full size and k have better suppression than the 30. The regular Polonium might be the best bet for my use as the only things I have with 1/2 - 28 threads are 223 or 6mm.

Jay

_S_R_

FNG
Yeah, PEW who newer provided details how what equipment he used and how test was hold. I heard many cans thanks to local SOT. For my ears 30 from 12.5” CoD MW build sounds way softer and quieter that many K cans including polonium K from 14.5” build. And Huxwrk 30 way louder in 14.5” that polonium 30 in 12.5”

Hnthrdr

WKR
i recently got on. Just flung a few rounds through an AR with it. I liked that it can go 556 & 6mm it was so/so on my ruger 556 with an 18 inch barrel. Might stay there for a while since it’s a predator gun. I will try it on a ruger American bolt and see how that works.