Looking at suppressors

mww982

WKR
I have two Browning X-Bolts that are suppressor ready, a .223 and .300 Win Mag. However, the .300 Win Mag has a 26" barrel and I'm thinking that barrel length is going to be way too long with the addition of a suppressor. Thinking about having it re-rebarreled later somewhere between 18-22" but having a hard time finding an aftermarket barrel for it, any suggestions?

Secondly, I'm new to the suppressor game and have it narrowed down to these three: Silencerco Omega 300, Energetic Armament Peak 30 and the Otter Creek Labs Hydrogen K. What are your thoughts on these suppressors? For now, it would just be used on the .223 and eventually the .300 win mag if I can get it re-barreled.

bbckfh

Lil-Rokslider
My x-bolt wears a bartlein, and has a proof as well.

The SiCo is a good d can. I have no personal experience with the others. If I’m polite enough to put a muffler on my car, then why not one on my gun?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diligent Defense Enticer L Ti is what I would look at. You can change end caps for the different diameter bullets.

You can get any barrel manufacturer blank and have a gunsmith rebarrel it. Not all actions are pre-fit capable.

OP
M

mww982

WKR
Diligent Defense Enticer L Ti is what I would look at. You can change end caps for the different diameter bullets.

You can get any barrel manufacturer blank and have a gunsmith rebarrel it. Not all actions are pre-fit capable.

The energetic armament has interchangeable caps as well, that seems to be the one I am leaning towards the most.

WKR
Is there any reason not to cut your 300 win mag barrel down and have it threaded?

Also, if you haven't, look at pewscience and read some testing reviews on various cans. Be sure to look at barrel restrictions on the can you end up ordering, ive seen some that say 20" barrel minimum on 300 win mag.

KenLee

WKR
I'd buy a complete short barreled SR 300 wm rifle before I had a perfectly fine performing rifle (from one of your prior posts showing tight group) cut on or barrel swapped.
I don't part with a good shooter before I'm sure a replacement is as good or better. Lesson learned over time.

wesfromky

WKR
Second pew science. And, the Hydrogen S might worth the extra bit of length for the extra suppression it has over the K.

I just ordered a Hydrogen L, but it will be going on a 16" .308. I think they have a 20" min for 300wm, so the S would leave you around 27" if you go for the min length barrel.

I have two Browning X-Bolts that are suppressor ready, a .223 and .300 Win Mag. However, the .300 Win Mag has a 26" barrel and I'm thinking that barrel length is going to be way too long with the addition of a suppressor. Thinking about having it re-rebarreled later somewhere between 18-22" but having a hard time finding an aftermarket barrel for it, any suggestions?

Secondly, I'm new to the suppressor game and have it narrowed down to these three: Silencerco Omega 300, Energetic Armament Peak 30 and the Otter Creek Labs Hydrogen K. What are your thoughts on these suppressors? For now, it would just be used on the .223 and eventually the .300 win mag if I can get it re-barreled.
To properly suppressor and reduce the recoil of a 300 wm you're going to need a long fat high efficiency can.
I don't know anything about otter creek but I'd get their L version over the k.

My personal recommendation is the DA Nomad LT, or CGS Hyperion.
Don't get hung up on size trust me you'll regret it on that magnum

SloppyJ

WKR
Take your 300wm to a gunsmith and they can cut, re-crown, and thread your barrel. at whatever length you want. Do some research before you go too short with a magnum. I did this on my 30-06 and it was around $200. If it shoots well now, do that. Most oem barrels are pretty thin so don't be surprised if they can only thread it 1/2" and you need an adapter to run it up to 5/8".

As far as the can, Silencer CO should still have their BOGO sale going right now. You will get an extra "free" can but don't forget about the extra $200 tax stamp you'll need to buy. The Omega 300 is one of the cans you can get for free. Maybe a 36 or 46m would be another good can to pickup for yourself since you're just getting into this.

The Enticer L in titanium would be a great start. Most cans do have interchangeable end caps so don't get hung up on that. This can is decently priced and preforms very well. It's extremely lightweight too.

There are a ton of good options out there, just do your research before hand because you will have plenty of time to look things up and have buyer's remorse in the 250+ days that you will wait on it to clear.

OP
M

mww982

WKR
Most of the ones that are being recommended are out of stock or backorder. I'm looking to get the process started now, since it could take 6mos or longer and who knows when the others will be available.

wesfromky

WKR
The otter creek s and l are still in stock at silencershop, though looks like only 3 L left.

wesfromky

WKR
I know a lot of people on here like to just go directly through a dealer, but I have had good experiences with Silencer Shop so far.

If at all possible, buy a .22 can as well - so much fun I just ordered a 2nd along with the Hydrogen L.

OP
M

mww982

WKR
I know a lot of people on here like to just go directly through a dealer, but I have had good experiences with Silencer Shop so far.

If at all possible, buy a .22 can as well - so much fun I just ordered a 2nd along with the Hydrogen L.
Need to get a different .22 with a threaded barrel.

axeforce6

WKR
I have several SiCo products. I have two omega 300's. I've shot 5.56 to 300 PRC through them. They are great suppressors and SiCo is a great company. I shoot them on 16" barrels to 26". They do get long and throw the weight balance off on longer barrels. I'm not certain where you hunt, but if its more open terrain I don't think i'd go through the hassle of shortening your barrel. I do suggest putting the ASR brake on the 300 wm and loctiting to the barrel so you won't have to worry about the suppressor getting loose.

axeforce6

WKR

I will add, I have used my local dealer for every suppressor other than two, my first was with a different dealer. The other was with silencershop. I will discourage anyone from using them. E-file paperwork was filed incorrectly. It is impossible for you get someone on the phone there. My wait time was doubled because of them.

Harvey_NW

WKR
Is there any reason not to cut your 300 win mag barrel down and have it threaded?
If it's the suppressor ready Hells Canyon I'm pretty sure it's fluted.

I went through a dealer with a SilencerShop kiosk, it was stupid simple and took about 15 minutes to do everything and submit. 9 month wait time and approval last month.

Most of the ones that are being recommended are out of stock or backorder. I'm looking to get the process started now, since it could take 6mos or longer and who knows when the others will be available.
It would suck to wait 9 months plus for a so so suppressor. There are some solid suggestions. I would also look at the Magnus for your 300.

I finally got a .22 suppressor and it is definitely the most used suppressor even though I’ve owned it the least amount of time. While waiting for the suppressor to get approved you could be shopping for a threaded .22

OP
M

mww982

WKR
If it's the suppressor ready Hells Canyon I'm pretty sure it's fluted.

I went through a dealer with a SilencerShop kiosk, it was stupid simple and took about 15 minutes to do everything and submit. 9 month wait time and approval last month.
It's not fluted, the .300 Win Mag is the Western Hunter Long Range Suppressor Ready. The .223 is the XBolt Speed Suppressor Ready.

OP
M

mww982

WKR
It would suck to wait 9 months plus for a so so suppressor. There are some solid suggestions. I would also look at the Magnus for your 300.

I finally got a .22 suppressor and it is definitely the most used suppressor even though I’ve owned it the least amount of time. While waiting for the suppressor to get approved you could be shopping for a threaded .22
I'm looking at the CZ 457 at one or a Tikka T1X