Looking at suppressors

I’ll throw out my experience here quick. I ran a 20” 300 wsm last year with a 9” banish 30. For the way I hunt, I would not do that again. I carry my rifle in my hand almost exclusively. And once you get a little snow on the ground (from mn so that’s real for me) It was kind of a pain trying to keep the can from shoveling snow.
This year both of my suppressed setups finish at 24-25”.
Id suggest taking a hard look at how far you’ll realistically shoot, do a little math and subtract 25-30 fps per inch of barrel you cut off, and see how short you can go while still getting the impact Velocity to make your bullet of choice expand.
IMO the shorter the better, and that would allow you to go with a larger, more effective can. Just have to look at barrel length ratings for 300 win

B23

WKR
My personal recommendation is the DA Nomad LT
Agree, the DA Nomad LTi for its size and weight is a really great can. If someone doesn't mind bumping up to a slightly longer and a couple ounces heavier the TBAC Magnus is a bad mofo and I'm not sure any other cans out there are even as quiet they also probably cost the most of all the 30 cal cans but if a person wants the best/quietest 30 cal can you have to be willing to pay for it. If I were buying a new can tomorrow it would either be the Nomad LTi or TBAC Magnus.

Someone mentioned purchasing a good rimfire can at the same time, that's really good advice. Get a DA Mask or TBAC 22 TD rimfire can, they're rated all the way up to 17 Hornet or 5.7x28 and not only are those two a couple of the best rimfire cans out there but shooting rimfires suppressed is so much fun because they're just so damn quiet. I shoot my 17 HMR and WSM with a can on them 100% of the time and except for a bit of sonic crack downrange, they sound about like a pellet gun.

wesfromky

WKR
The Nomad LTi was going to be the one I bought - but it was never in stock at SS, then I started seeing a lot of issues on /r/nfa with Dead Air support and the Sierras failing. So, decided on going with otter creek because they were in stock, get solid reviews, are localish to me, and the cost a bit less then the LTi. Newer, smaller company, so some risk there as well. And, I still bought another DA mask, but a bit less concerned with support times as it is my 2nd.

Agree, the DA Nomad LTi for its size and weight is a really great can. If someone doesn't mind bumping up to a slightly longer and a couple ounces heavier the TBAC Magnus is a bad mofo and I'm not sure any other cans out there are even as quiet they also probably cost the most of all the 30 cal cans but if a person wants the best/quietest 30 cal can you have to be willing to pay for it. If I were buying a new can tomorrow it would either be the Nomad LTi or TBAC Magnus.

Someone mentioned purchasing a good rimfire can at the same time, that's really good advice. Get a DA Mask or TBAC 22 TD rimfire can, they're rated all the way up to 17 Hornet or 5.7x28 and not only are those two a couple of the best rimfire cans out there but shooting rimfires suppressed is so much fun because they're just so damn quiet. I shoot my 17 HMR and WSM with a can on them 100% of the time and except for a bit of sonic crack downrange, they sound about like a pellet gun.
Good stuff, the only point I'd disagree with you on is that the CGS Hyperion is (according to everyone who's compared them to the magnus) the quietest 30 cal can on the market.
The recent thread about the 338 ultra can going in for a $1300 repair bill also makes me 100% committed to never buy a tbac!

axeforce6

WKR
Well stopped by the nearest shop that has a Silencershop kiosk. Now I have a Silencerco Harvester Evo in ATF jail. Now the waiting game for the silencershop docusign form and the ATF. Was told it could be up to a 9 month sentence.
That’s a lot of suppressor for the money. Invest in an ASR brake and adaptor while you wait.

Harvey_NW

WKR
Well stopped by the nearest shop that has a Silencershop kiosk. Now I have a Silencerco Harvester Evo in ATF jail. Now the waiting game for the silencershop docusign form and the ATF. Was told it could be up to a 9 month sentence.
Might as well get an adapter and a cover to hit the $700 mark and get the free Warlock can, might speed up your wait time with a batch approval too. But I would expect 9 months.

I'm looking at the CZ 457 at one or a Tikka T1X
I just went through the quality bolt gun dilemma with bergara in the same ballpark and went with the T1X. It's a shooter for sure!
Also don't go into the suppressor game thinking you'll get it in 6 months, you'll be disappointed. lol

B23

WKR
Nope fully expecting 9 months

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Assume it'll take a minimum of 12 months that way if it ends up being less you're pleasantly surprised and happy versus being frustrated and pissed off because it's taking longer than you expected.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Assume it'll take a minimum of 12 months that way if it ends up being less you're pleasantly surprised and happy versus being frustrated and pissed off because it's taking longer than you expected.
My TBAC 7 was almost exactly 1 month, my dead air mask 22 was about 8 months.

I am in the same situation. I have a SilencerCo Scythe TI on its way. My current plan is to sell my 26" X-bolt LR and purchase the X-bolt Speed SR in 22" barrel 300 Win Mag.

SloppyJ

WKR
I am in the same situation. I have a SilencerCo Scythe TI on its way. My current plan is to sell my 26" X-bolt LR and purchase the X-bolt Speed SR in 22" barrel 300 Win Mag.
Man I'll tell you that I thought 22" was the perfect length as I was waiting for my cans and now I'm wishing I would have went even smaller. Why not just rebarrel the Browning you have now?

Man I'll tell you that I thought 22" was the perfect length as I was waiting for my cans and now I'm wishing I would have went even smaller. Why not just rebarrel the Browning you have now?
I have a buyer lined up for my current gun and will only take a small $$ hit on the sale. Cheaper to go new than to re-barrel was my thought
I am not opposed going to a different caliber with my new gun but it seemed like 22" was a good sweet spot for 300WM suppressed. And thats just what the Speed SR comes in. I definitely am in a cartridge crisis all over again now that I am switching rifles though lol

SloppyJ

WKR
I have a buyer lined up for my current gun and will only take a small $$ hit on the sale. Cheaper to go new than to re-barrel was my thought
I am not opposed going to a different caliber with my new gun but it seemed like 22" was a good sweet spot for 300WM suppressed. And thats just what the Speed SR comes in. I definitely am in a cartridge crisis all over again now that I am switching rifles though lol
I went a little suppressor crazy and got 4 at once. That prompted me to go on a gun building spree while waiting. I don't think you're wrong on the 22" with the 300wm, my 300prc I'm finishing up is the same. However it's longer than you think by the time you add a can on the end. My next project will be a 6mm or 6.5 with an 18" or less barrel.

Luke S

Lil-Rokslider
I'm debating between a Hydrogen K which I believe us about 5.5 inches and 7.4 oz (with a direct thread ti mount) and a Enticer S which would be 6.75 inches and 9.4 oz. Either would improve on my old Huntertown Arms Kestrel (26 oz and 9 inches believe).

Any thoughts? I like the shorter can but I wonder if the Enticer would be noticeably quieter which would be nice. Sounds like a lot of K cans are so noisy you want ear pro for hunting in which case you are missing the whole point of a suppressor.