Not watching the Super Bowl post.

Squincher

WKR
I support all of the Bill of Rights, not just the second amendment.

But I still hate watching football.

I'd like to interrupt the sanctimony for just a moment to ask which part of the Bill of Rights obligates a private citizen to listen to, much less support, speech with which they disagree. In fact, this particular instance seems to be a case of both parties exercising their rights. I ask because the only Bill of Rights with which I am familiar restrains government actions and places no responsibility whatsoever on citizens who are not acting under color of law.

Sherman

WKR
You know how you can tell some one doesn’t watch football. They will tell you like a vegan and a cross fitter………
Is this what they call “ratioed”? More likes to a comment than the entire thread or original post combined?

Best comment on the thread in my, and evidently, many others opinions.

Billinsd

WKR
I support all of the Bill of Rights, not just the second amendment.
Me too and the 1st Amendment is up there with the 2nd. They are my favorite two. There is a lot of despicable, disgusting, repugnant free speech going on that is protected under the 1st Amendment that I don't want to hear or see and don't. That's another great thing about America and that's voting with your feet. That's part of why I don't watch football games and don't ever plan to, because I'm offended by many of the players free speech. Free speech isn't free or without consequences, and yes it's protected by our Constitution, amen..

Billinsd

WKR
Is this what they call “ratioed”? More likes to a comment than the entire thread or original post combined?

Best comment on the thread in my, and evidently, many others opinions.
Most popular post on the thread by definition. Does that make it the best? Possibly?

Billinsd

WKR
You know how you can tell some one doesn’t watch football. They will tell you like a vegan and a cross fitter………
Do you mean "They will tell you they don't watch football like a vegan says they only eat vegan or a.....wait what's a cross fitter? cross dresser? I don't watch football and don't go around telling the world. The main reason is I don't have the patience to sit through anything that long. Cheers Bill

I'd like to interrupt the sanctimony for just a moment to ask which part of the Bill of Rights obligates a private citizen to listen to, much less support, speech with which they disagree. In fact, this particular instance seems to be a case of both parties exercising their rights. I ask because the only Bill of Rights with which I am familiar restrains government actions and places no responsibility whatsoever on citizens who are not acting under color of law.
Well said, and I agree.

Wasn't trying to be sanctimonious. What I should have said: It's not the kneeling that is stopping me from watching, it's the fact that i don't like watching football.