No Big Game Tags Drawn, is this normal?

JRDK2000

FNG
there are a few otc opportunities that would allow you to hunt every year in several states.

Weldor

WKR
That's what we have been doing for several years. No tags here we head out as non-residents. It does get pricey after awhile. But if you want to hunt ,that's the only way. Look at Oklahoma, jumped tags to over $700 for deer.

Otto#14

FNG
Knock on wood have never not got a tag when applying but just taking some of the less desireable units and making the most of it is always a win! Most guys tend to want to stay close to comfort, if you can get off the beaten path a mile farther than the next guy you may be in greener pastures!

Everyone says to move out west, which I don't disagree with, but living in the Midwest or western adjacent has it's advantages.

I bought a lifetime hunting and fishing license in a state years ago for $725. I can hunt 2 bucks and 6-8 does a year, not to mention turkeys, dove and pheasant in some areas of the state. I still try to go out west, went on two hunts to NM last year and I'm going to Colorado this year. The ability to know I for sure can hunt and have venison ever year makes it less painful if you don't draw out west.

Come hunt public land in VA. Lots of OTC whitetail. You could even get a turkey tag if you want that sorta challenge too