NM Unit 17 2nd Muzzleloader - still bugling?

LCguy

FNG
Hey all, I drew the second muzzleloader bull hunt for unit 17 in New Mexico. I'm very familiar with the unit having turkey hunted there and I killed a cow in there last year. My question is for anyone who has had this hunt in the past - are the bulls still bugling or should I not worry too much about it and just rely on glass/timber creeps?

NMT

FNG
Depends on weather leading up to the hunt. Might be a good idea to scout the weekend or two before to see what they are doing.

I'd think they'd be winding down at least by that time unless its been unusually hot.

OP
L

LCguy

FNG
Depends on weather leading up to the hunt. Might be a good idea to scout the weekend or two before to see what they are doing.

I'd think they'd be winding down at least by that time unless its been unusually hot.
Thank you! That was my plan, get out there the two weekends prior and then take the two days before hand off work and see what's going on.

Reactions: NMT
Not likely that late in Oct but I have heard bulls bugle in January. I wouldn’t plan on them being consistent enough to locate or being responsive to calling. If the tag was mine I would plan on glassing, glassing and glassing some more.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro