Nightshifters

Rob5589

WKR
I meal prep for my work week. It's the only way to eat healthy at night. One meal, some sort of snack, protein bar. I bought one of those heating lunch packs for dinners. Works awesome. 20+ years of night shift will be over for me in August. I cannot freakin wait!

tony

WKR
I do 7p -7a 3 on 1 off 3 on and then 7 off.
GF is a travel radiology tech and does a week on, week off.
We try and "prep" meals best we can as our work weeks are never the same. She cooks and I eat whatever she makes. She's more healthy than me in the food choices. If I cook for myself, its usually ground turkey with a little liquid smoke, and then I add rice to it at work. Turkey sausage, and I'll make it into chorizo and add chopped peppers and onions and then toss this on tortillas. I love seafood as well. She makes a pretty good salmon for us.
Lunch meats, cheese, etc.
My fast food is subway.

Snacks, I get a sack of those "cuties", I carry a gallon zip lock in my work bag with meal / protein bars of no particular brand, whatever's cheap. meat sticks, chopped fruit/veggies.

My problem is when I'm not working I may eat once, twice a day. At work, if it doesn't' run, I'll eat it! The day shift chicks order out all day, every day and I eat the left overs. Chips, candy, pizza, Mexican, etc.
I don't drink much soda, never any of those red bull type drinks. Coffee and chew is it. Water obviously.

30 years of fire/EMS meals were not any better as those guys cooked in butter, grease, pretty sure motor oil once or twice! :LOL:

Last 10 years of playing nurse has allowed me to eat a little better.

OP
J

Jmort1754

WKR
I do 7p -7a 3 on 1 off 3 on and then 7 off.
GF is a travel radiology tech and does a week on, week off.
We try and "prep" meals best we can as our work weeks are never the same. She cooks and I eat whatever she makes. She's more healthy than me in the food choices. If I cook for myself, its usually ground turkey with a little liquid smoke, and then I add rice to it at work. Turkey sausage, and I'll make it into chorizo and add chopped peppers and onions and then toss this on tortillas. I love seafood as well. She makes a pretty good salmon for us.
Lunch meats, cheese, etc.
My fast food is subway.

Snacks, I get a sack of those "cuties", I carry a gallon zip lock in my work bag with meal / protein bars of no particular brand, whatever's cheap. meat sticks, chopped fruit/veggies.

My problem is when I'm not working I may eat once, twice a day. At work, if it doesn't' run, I'll eat it! The day shift chicks order out all day, every day and I eat the left overs. Chips, candy, pizza, Mexican, etc.
I don't drink much soda, never any of those red bull type drinks. Coffee and chew is it. Water obviously.

30 years of fire/EMS meals were not any better as those guys cooked in butter, grease, pretty sure motor oil once or twice! :LOL:

Last 10 years of playing nurse has allowed me to eat a little better.
This is my problem, I travel so depending on what ICU I am in at the time is what I eat. I try to prep left over meals, protein bars/shakes, fruits. I do the celsius packs in water and chew more than anything. Just trying to see what everyone else does.