Nightforce Customer Service - not happy

Marble

WKR
When I called to get my swaros services they quoted me somewhere around 8 weeks for repair. My hunt was in 2 weeks and I explained this to the guy on the phone. I was able to pay for expedited service ($50) and got them back in time.

8 weeks would bother me if I was under a time crunch. Both times I've dealt with NF they have a long wait time estimate. Ended up being closer to half the time promised.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

I love my NF, but im still waiting on my ATACR since September 2nd. Each company is different. I’ve had really fast times with some (Zeiss/Swaro) and super slow with others. (Leica/NF).

Sure sorry to read of your frustration with NF warranty.

First of December I mailed in my TS 82 spotter, which got knocked down and had some internal damage to the body. I submit the claim online, mailed it in, and it was back on my doorstep two weeks ago. Can't remember the guy's name who called me, but someone from their service department called me with the verdict on the scope. He said they were just going to mail me a brand new body since their spotter repairs aren't done in-house like their scopes are. They didn't charge me anything for the repair or the return shipping, and the guy was very professional and helpful. A+ rating from me on my one and only encounter with their warranty department.

RS3579

WKR
I was having a problem with my zero stop on the NX8. I emailed NF and they promptly replied, asked me to try something to try and fix it, and once I did and it didn't work, asked me to send it in.

This was on a hunting rifle I was supposed to take on a Colorado deer hunt - right now.

I took my backup gun and mailed in the NF. I just got an email from NF - only 8 weeks wait before they get to the scope. Hell of a customer service department and turnaround when you need something. "see ya in 8 weeks".

That's my rant. I just hear nothing but good things about NF and all the fanboys and then this.
I’m sorry to hear about your unfortunate situation. The 8 weeks have passed. Did you receive your repaired scope yet?

The reason NF doesn't do in house repairs on that spotter is because Meopta builds it for them and handles the repairs.
Correct, however I found it interesting the guy would not say it was Meopta. He said they won't officially disclose that, but that they work with another reputable manufacturer to handle their spotters. Maybe some kind of legal issue on their end, but yes I definitely think that is a significant contributing factor for why the turnaround times are different from their scope vs spotter repairs.

HuntHarder

WKR
Classified Approved
8 weeks is crazy for a company with very few warranty issues. All the Fan boys coming to their defense is comical. I love me some nightforce and Kifaru, but getting emotionally attached to a company because you own something is sad. Like has been said in this thread, companies usually will go out of their way to make you happy in a time crunch.

I have seen Leupold Overnight binoculars on loan, Swaro expedite repairs, Burris offer a demo for a hunt. Just seems Nightforce could have done more here to help out a customer.

Dos XX

WKR
Classified Approved
I have sent 2 scopes to NF over the last 10 years. One was for something they did. One was for something I did.

For the one that was warranty, they issued a call tag and I took it to the UPS or Fed Ex store. It was back in my hands in right at 2 weeks.

For the one I jacked up, it took about 3 weeks there and back, and they fixed it at no charge.

NO BS either time.

Gutshotem

WKR
I was having a problem with my zero stop on the NX8. I emailed NF and they promptly replied, asked me to try something to try and fix it, and once I did and it didn't work, asked me to send it in.

This was on a hunting rifle I was supposed to take on a Colorado deer hunt - right now.

I took my backup gun and mailed in the NF. I just got an email from NF - only 8 weeks wait before they get to the scope. Hell of a customer service department and turnaround when you need something. "see ya in 8 weeks".

That's my rant. I just hear nothing but good things about NF and all the fanboys and then this.
So how long did it actually end up taking before you had the scope back in your hands?

Clark33

WKR
Was the zero stop spinning the turret even when all 4 screws were loosened? If so, same thing happened to me, previous owner over torqued the zero stop screws and it was stuck. I have an 8 week turn around too, is what it is, at least they’re taking care of it.

OP
M

mdfanatic1980

Lil-Rokslider
The overall process ended up taking about 7-8 weeks and they had the scope back to me.

The zero stop was in fact in need of repair and they fixed this. It was locked down, so even when I loosened the 4 top set screws, nothing moved. It now works perfect after they sent the scope back.