New truck?

*zap*

WKR
I am e-z on the pedal and my 09 f150 4.6 2 valve 2wd gets 17 around town and 19 hwy if I keep it under 70. Towing it drops down to 13 or so on the hwy.

2001 f250 4x4 5.4L got a full tank a few days ago (premium) and I will find out its around town mpg in a few weeks...I hear 15 combined....

Chevy cavalier 2002 base model coup gets 30 around town...36 hwy.

IDVortex

WKR
Compared to the Ram, the 1500 would be a much nicer ride, that's for certain. (Comfort over looks) Depending on the issue with the truck, id fix it, (I'd suggest delete it but that's illegal and I would never suggest doing anything opposite of what the crown says) and keep driving it. Especially if you're not buying the vehicle cash, the interest is trash now compared back in 17-19. I'd also would even challenge just getting a 3/4 ton gasser if you were set on wanting a new truck but still a fullsize.

Bama67

Lil-Rokslider
Unless you have to have new, a gas Ford 6.2 is the ticket.
They run forever and don't break. Rams 6.4 aren't nearly as reliable and the Ford has a bit more power. Try to find 4.30 gears if you can, hard to do though.
If you want new the 6.8 and 7.3 gas engines are beasts but haven't been out long enough to see if they are going to last like the 6.2

Regarding new trucks, fuel economy heavily depends on what mods you do to it as well.

I was driving a '21 F150 screw 4x4 with the 3.5, and over the life of the truck(at least as long as I had it) I was getting 21-24mpg hand calculated but it was bone stock save for AT tires. Once you start adding lifts, bumpers and other stuff your fuel economy will tank accordingly.

Whatever you do to delete it(if you go that route), make sure you can put it back to stock easily. If pulled over and discovered its at least a hefty fine, and can be as much as license revocation. If its reported to your insurance, your insurance can drop you. Also, its likely whoever did the work would be the only place that would repair it(or any other place that does deletes) as its a liability for them to do any repairs. I know the last shop I worked at wouldn't touch anything deleted at all.

Not trying to be a Nancy about the laws and stuff - I couldn't care less, but its information worth knowing before you take the plunge. Obviously the politics of the state you live in play a big role as well - I'm sure states like Idaho, Montana or most southern states probably don't give a rats about it.

OP
B

Blueman75

FNG
Well I live in Oregon….so I won’t be deleting the truck. As stated in my original post, I don’t need a new truck but kind of want one. I’ve had this truck for 9 years and it’s just time for something different. Not rich, but money for a new truck isn’t an issue. I’m going to try out the GMC 1500 at4 with the baby Duramax. If I don’t like it, I’ll go back to a 3/4 ton in a few years.