New Sitka Pattern

idahobow

FNG
Revamped Traverse line, base layer changes, a few new puffys, and more sizes and solid colors. Give them a call. Its no secret and they love talking gear.

Hopefully those news sizes include more smaller/women sizing... not cream puff sizing

Rockhound

FNG
Here's another shot. Facebook commenter (guy from an archery shop) called it "Elevated II" pattern.

Cool discussion as I just got my first piece of Sitka gear (Fanatic jacket in Forest for hunting the eastern US...). Will be interested to see how y'all like it!

WVUk83v.jpg

Upcountry

Lil-Rokslider
I like the looks of that pattern. Looks like a very similar color palette as the Kuiu Vias. I'm interested as for some reason Sitka is one of the only companies that offers clothing in size Small...

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
I did find out today that Optifade Forest is being replaced by this new Elevated Pattern. I am assuming all the gear currently in the Forest pattern will now be offered in the Elevated Pattern. Looks like a pretty versatile pattern.

Kotaman

WKR
I did find out today that Optifade Forest is being replaced by this new Elevated Pattern. I am assuming all the gear currently in the Forest pattern will now be offered in the Elevated Pattern. Looks like a pretty versatile pattern.

If you would've just read the thread, you could've found out 4 weeks ago! :cool: the line up has definitely been revamped. Some great stuff coming...

Obi-wanshinobi

Lil-Rokslider
I've been buying lots of KUIU gear as I like the fit and performance but Sitka is really coming out with great stuff. The revamped 90% was awesome and I hear the 2015 stuff will be good too. If you're in the market for new clothing I'd wait to see if Sitka can fill your needs.

Huntr

Lil-Rokslider
I would be really happy if they would continue to expand their offerings in solid colors!

Huntr

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks High Country! This will prove to be great, and expensive news! :)

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
I hear ya, between Sitka, KUIU, and First Lite all launching new stuff I'm going to be in some serious trouble.. :)

ktowncamo

WKR
I might have some insights to share. The new Elevated II is based on the the same science as Elevated Forest was, obviously as seen in the pictures it's tones are changed for more shelf appeal (my opinion, not Sitka's) as well as late season blending in while in a stand.

One of the unique/quirky things about Sitka is their mantra of "built to use" where they have an intended use for each product. What they often cringe about is when something is not used for the specific built use in mind. I have to laugh because most of us that consider ourselves gearheads just take whatever we think works and use it, not to mention tweaking and adjusting as we please.

Case in point: With the current Elevated Forest the Pacific Northwest hunters have been using the Downpour Jacket/Pant for rain gear as well as a number of other things in the line up...while hunting from the ground. From a human eye perspective this pattern is great for the rain forest like conditions in Washington and Oregon. It makes some at Sitka react much like you and I would react to fingernails on a chalkboard.

My initial impression on seeing the entire line up of the new Elevated II is that there will be widespread use outside of what they have dictated as specific uses. I'm sure most of us don't care, but it's interesting to note. My first thought being here in Utah and seeing this last month was that it would look awesome on the Wasatch Front late season archery and might even blend well for predator hunting in snow/sage backgrounds.

The glove line up for Sitka is off the charts compared to before. They brought in a guy from Gore that worked for years with all types of manufacturers while at Gore (Marmot, Black Diamond, Patagonia, North Face, etc) in testing and designing gloves that utilized Gore fabric. He's done a heck of a job with the glove line up. I've used some Kuiu gloves, Kryptek and First Lite and the new Sitka line up is in my opinion much stronger.

In the Elevated II lineup are a couple of very unique items. One is
the Shacket which is a vest/jacket type of OUTER layer. Hard to describe, and kinda odd at first glance, but after trying it on I can see that it's going to be a cool piece for those times when a full jacket is too much and you need to add an extra layer for core warmth. It's got all types of features and pockets specific to treestand hunting.