New Sitka Pattern

Eagle

WKR
Check out the most recent live hunt from Kansas on Bowsite. From what I can see, it looks like Pat is wearing the pattern in all of his photos from that hunt.

I like the looks of the new pattern as well. Wasn't a huge fan of the existing forest pattern, a little too dark for my liking. I was contemplating trying the waterfowl pattern in tree stand but won't have to now. Anyone ever used waterfowl pattern in a tree stand situation?

I tried the waterfowl pattern some this year. I found a good deal on some it so thought I would give it a try. First it was to loud, unless the wind was blowing 15+ you could hear it swishing, even under fleece. I got picked out pretty easy by some does. I think there was to much yellow that made it stand out more. I think it would be great if you were in standing corn or tall grass.

I am glad that I did not buy any of the treestand stuff this year. I will be waiting to see what comes out this Spring.

The more I look at that pattern I am thinking it will be good for hunting form trees, on the ground and may even blend in pretty good with snow on the ground. I will take the little bit of black that is in the pattern. It is a lot less than what is in a lot of other patterns.

Juan_ID

WKR
I got to see the 2015 line this evening and the new camo is pretty cool, wish they'd offer it on all their pieces. With that said there's a new piece I can't wait to get my hands on in the Open Country line... Is it June yet?! haha

H

HCarcher

The pattern looks good. Isn't nearly as dark as the current forest and is more macro for further engagements. New pieces in the line are awesome with some new features no one else has. they are trying to have less cross over though between the different lines so just take what sales people say with a grain of salt.

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sitka was up here in Anchorage this weekend. Got to see some of the new stuff and check out the new camo pattern. Always fun for a gear junkie to see new stuff and excited to see Sitka bringing some new technologies to their line. Some of my favorites have been updated as well. Can't wait to give it a whirl in the field.

Eagle

WKR
I may finally buy something other than solids in Sitka Gear, as this pattern looks like it would work out west as well as in the east. Hopefully they'll start offering all their patterns on all their items, along with more solid color options as well.

davescarp

WKR
I like sitka, but its too dark and green for the forest line. I hope they make this new pattern in the stratus/fanatic line

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
I like sitka, but its too dark and green for the forest line. I hope they make this new pattern in the stratus/fanatic line
I think the plan is to replace the forest pattern. Not sure, but I think that is what I heard.

I still see a use for the forest in the early season or the places that have an abundance of "greenery". Not gonna dump all my stuff just yet.

kodiakfly

WKR
So what are the new things from Sitka? Or is it all secret squirrel stuff that regular guys aren't privy to?

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Revamped Traverse line, base layer changes, a few new puffys, and more sizes and solid colors. Give them a call. Its no secret and they love talking gear.

I like it, I wonder when Predator is going to go all in with technical gear like Sitka and Kuiu and blow them out of the water... I mean really get as good as Sitka and Kuiu...