New Sitka drop

OP
ThreeOhSeven
Not all animals see in black and white only. It's not at much about color as tone and contrast.

To my eyes SA is the most vivid then EV while OC is the most muted and blends best just about anywhere.
Agreed on both accounts. I have a couple of tops of SA for early season mule deer and elk but mostly I've got the "old" OC for when the leaves fall and the colors fade from the back drop. I will also use SA for spring turkey.

This new pattern looks like it will be at home in the South East, in a tree stand under the canopy.

craigrh13

Lil-Rokslider
It makes you wonder how so many people were so so successful wearing zero camo dressed in red/black checkered clothing and using primitive equipment which means they had to always be closer. The marketing industry has done an amazing job at convincing us that we need this stuff and it’s a “game changer”. It’s just like duck hunting. All of this prettyness is for us hunters.

Ditt44

Lil-Rokslider
Then you should go back to wearing animal skins and tossing pointy sticks based on that attitude.

I'll take my modern designs and features that allow me to wear less and more comfortable layers and stay dry and warm longer across all seasons. I'd never go back to that stuff I wore for the first 30 years of my hunting life.

craigrh13

Lil-Rokslider
Then you should go back to wearing animal skins and tossing pointy sticks based on that attitude.

I'll take my modern designs and features that allow me to wear less and more comfortable layers and stay dry and warm longer across all seasons. I'd never go back to that stuff I wore for the first 30 years of my hunting life.
Nobody said that, Sally. It’s just comical to me at what we have become. What we think we need and what we think will make us better hunters when in reality the best hunters to ever walk this earth had none of this. I like comfortable and modern day clothing as well but some people take it a bit too crazy and think it makes them some better hunter and eat up the marketing the companies throw at them. It’s funny, that’s all i’m saying.

It’s so bad that hunters are buying clothes made in China and other Asian swear shops on payment plans because they have been convinced this will make them a better hunter. THAT IS INSANE.

Buckhead

FNG
I agree that hunting clothes have come a long, long way. Am 66, been an avid hunter since I was a teenager. Not only are the camo patterns more effective, but the warmth, windproofing, water repellance are infinitely better. Don’t really miss my milsurp gear and Walls coveralls.

2531usmc

WKR
Nobody said that, Sally. It’s just comical to me at what we have become. What we think we need and what we think will make us better hunters when in reality the best hunters to ever walk this earth had none of this. I like comfortable and modern day clothing as well but some people take it a bit too crazy and think it makes them some better hunter and eat up the marketing the companies throw at them. It’s funny, that’s all i’m saying.

It’s so bad that hunters are buying clothes made in China and other Asian swear shops on payment plans because they have been convinced this will make them a better hunter. THAT IS INSANE.
But modern clothing does make you a better hunter. It’s foolish to argue otherwise.

As Buckhead points out, “Not only are the camo patterns more effective, but the warmth, windproofing, water repellance are infinitely better. Don’t really miss my milsurp gear and Walls coveralls.”. Being warm and dry makes a hunter much more effective in the woods.

Do you really think primitive hunters could tolerate the elements wrapped in deerskin as opposed to a Sitka ensemble? Of course not.

craigrh13

Lil-Rokslider
But modern clothing does make you a better hunter. It’s foolish to argue otherwise.

As Buckhead points out, “Not only are the camo patterns more effective, but the warmth, windproofing, water repellance are infinitely better. Don’t really miss my milsurp gear and Walls coveralls.”. Being warm and dry makes a hunter much more effective in the woods.

Do you really think primitive hunters could tolerate the elements wrapped in deerskin as opposed to a Sitka ensemble? Of course not.
How are modern day camo patterns soooo much better than the camo patterns from 10/20/30 years ago? The rest of the stuff I agree with 100%. The camo patterns? It’s all silly BS.

Again, why are people literally financing hunting clothing because marketing has them
thinking it will make them a better hunter? Especially stuff made overseas by people making pennie’s on the dollar? Do you really think your camo pattern is soooooo much more effective than the classics red/black checkered that worked forever and is still used today? People make hunting wayyyyyyyyy too complicated no wonder it’s a dying sport. They see the prices of some of this gear “that you need” on top
of everything else and say nahhhh. It’s all marketing that has worked wonders on the masses. The “pros” are using this stuff because it’s either free or steeply discounted. Meanwhile they are trying to convince joe shmoe they need this stuff and those idiots have to pay full price. Take a step back and look at that.

craigrh13

Lil-Rokslider

They tolerated much colder temps and lived in them in literally animal hides. What are you talking about? You make zero sense. Modern day clothing is simply lighter, more comfortable, and “environmentally friendly”
meaning they are killing animals. People literally lived outside in the elements in animal hides and survived all day everyday. Think about what you’re saying….

Avgjoe77

FNG
IMG_2631.jpeg

Next to SA, it’s definitely a lot more gray and a lot less brown. Looks quite a bit darker in person.

Ho5tile1

WKR
Looks like the same pattern just different colors. I like it better than the EV for where I hunt. Probably see a lot of EV white tail Sitka stuff for sale so folks can get the new colors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H80Hunter

WKR

IMG_4661.jpeg

2531usmc

WKR

View attachment 761203
This seems odd. I can see the new colors before the first frost when everything is still green. But the fanatic is for cold weather when the leaves are off the trees and nothing in the woods are green

RADunfee

Lil-Rokslider
Dropped in Atlanta yesterday. Seen lots of pieces. Might get a core lightweight hoody in it. Already have too much EVII and Subalpine.

1000013178.jpg

Ho5tile1

WKR
This seems odd. I can see the new colors before the first frost when everything is still green. But the fanatic is for cold weather when the leaves are off the trees and nothing in the woods are green

Well in the south east where I mostly hunt it’s always green but still gets pretty cold it just don’t last long some years I may use my fanatic 5-6 times sometimes more sometimes less. I’d like to have that new color scheme for down here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H80Hunter

WKR
Even in Wisconsin, first week of November it can be 20 in the morning hitting 45 at 2pm, with some green still in the woods and I’m wearing the Fanatic. I don’t need new colors but I’m just saying.