New Sitka ambient 100 full zip?

chocolab

Lil-Rokslider
Appeared in the catalog that arrived a couple days ago, not found on their website. Full zip not the 1/4 ambient hoody, looks just like the MDWi Arrowhead version. Any one seen this? I have the arrowhead but like the primaloft evolve better than the polartec alpha personally. Am I missing something?
1227900073d75b1f990dd98ed3d1204b.jpg
252890440ab290e5b465d666c9671261.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 8 using Tapatalk

MT_Wyatt

WKR
I don't think you are missing anything, they just don't have it "out" yet. Noted that same thing last night. Super sweet.

But HOW is it the same weight with a full zip and hand pockets (13oz)?? Praying they didn't make it shorter than the current hoody (which is also 100 weight).

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Glad to see them going full zip, not a fan of pullovers.

re: Alpha v Evolve- I can't tell (or see) any difference between the two

aron

WKR
Glad to see this coming out. I was browsing their website yesterday looking for this as I really like the ambient hood but prefer full zip.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

sr80

WKR
i just picked up my ambient hoody from the tailors, I had them put a full length zipper up the front. It turned out great.

WoodBow

WKR
Was stoked when I saw it in the catalog. Wish I had waited a few more months to buy. I guess I will sell my jacket and buy the new hooded version.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

P Carter

WKR
the 2023 ambient jacket and hoody were on camofire yesterday for 20% off, fyi. I bet better deals will be coming.

TXCO

WKR
the 2023 ambient jacket and hoody were on camofire yesterday for 20% off, fyi. I bet better deals will be coming.

Sitka had a 20% sale off everything over the last week. Theyve run more sales and promotions this year than Ive ever seen.

The new 100 may have finally solved my purchase dilemma

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How does this compare to the arrowhead version? I know it is different insulation but is this one warmer / thicker?

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
How does this compare to the arrowhead version? I know it is different insulation but is this one warmer / thicker?

Having tested the identical pullover (and the MDWi), I'd same the same- except this one now comes full zip like the MDWi,

I could see/feel no real difference between Evolve and Direct insulation- at the same weight.

@Desk Jockey How do you like your MDWi? Did you get the hoody or the jacket? Pretty warm? I’m considering buying one even though I ordered the Ambient 100 hooded jacket.
I have both hood and no hood now. no strong preference between them. If you want a hood, get a hood.

it is warmer than the FL and patagonia grid fleece mid layer that it replaced when still and breathes as well on the move. I took mine to Colorado for elk archery this year with cool aM temps. We were base camping hunting with a lot of miles at up and down each day. I left the mdwi on all morning to test it a bit. Unzipping and dumping heat on the move, I was not hot. It moved sweat well with a light base layer. At rest, it was perfect for cool temps. I didn’t have to layer up while we stopped to call but my buddy did.

I wouldnt say they are a must have, but I think I am won over that this type of insulation is a hell of a solution for warmth while active. You can probably get to the same result with other gear but you are going to be layering up or down and venting and sealing a lot more than I honestly do when I am on the move. I get a bit lazy so I either tend to sweat or freeze in those conditions When wearing other gear. I think this active insulation stuff lets you worry a little less as you move around and you exertion output varies.