New Sevr Hybrid

MuleyBuck

FNG
After a few terrible experiences with elk, I thought, well, they should do fine on smaller animals. Shot this buck with a SEVR 2.0 and he ran about 150 yards and laid down and I thought it was over. Only about 5” of the arrow exited, so I could see fletchings on one side and broadhead on the other. After about 5 minutes, he stands up and walks over the hill.

After about a half hour, I walked over there hoping he’d be dead, and he was nowhere to be found and there was no blood. Being pretty open and steep draws, I finally located him and he took off running another half mile and laid down. I tried to use topography to get into range and peak over but he was in a tough spot and the wind shifted and he ran another half mile. This time the arrow fell out and I thought that would help him bleed.

He laid down in the middle of a wide open field. With his head facing away from me, I tried to sneak in again. Just as I started to get in range, he turned his head and this time ran about 1.5 miles.

Closest I could get after that was 120 yards and he just kept going and going. Finally after 7 hours of chasing and close to 6 or 7 miles, he went onto private and out of sight.

I get that the shot was a touch forward and a touch high… but still, thought it would do it especially after 7 hours of running.

I’ve never had a good experience with a SEVR and put them in quite a few animals. I try to talk all my friends out of shooting them, especially at elk.

Attachments

• IMG_8778.jpeg
    IMG_8778.jpeg
    24.2 KB · Views: 11

littlebigtine

Lil-Rokslider
After a few terrible experiences with elk, I thought, well, they should do fine on smaller animals. Shot this buck with a SEVR 2.0 and he ran about 150 yards and laid down and I thought it was over. Only about 5” of the arrow exited, so I could see fletchings on one side and broadhead on the other. After about 5 minutes, he stands up and walks over the hill.

After about a half hour, I walked over there hoping he’d be dead, and he was nowhere to be found and there was no blood. Being pretty open and steep draws, I finally located him and he took off running another half mile and laid down. I tried to use topography to get into range and peak over but he was in a tough spot and the wind shifted and he ran another half mile. This time the arrow fell out and I thought that would help him bleed.

He laid down in the middle of a wide open field. With his head facing away from me, I tried to sneak in again. Just as I started to get in range, he turned his head and this time ran about 1.5 miles.

Closest I could get after that was 120 yards and he just kept going and going. Finally after 7 hours of chasing and close to 6 or 7 miles, he went onto private and out of sight.

I get that the shot was a touch forward and a touch high… but still, thought it would do it especially after 7 hours of running.

I’ve never had a good experience with a SEVR and put them in quite a few animals. I try to talk all my friends out of shooting them, especially at elk.
Thats the “not-so-dead” zone my friend. Right through neck meat in front of the backstrap it looks to me.

I shot this bull frontal and i’ve only seen a couple of animals die faster with bullets. Literally pin wheeled this guy and he expired in sight 30 yds down hill.IMG_6807.jpegIMG_6804.jpeg