New Ruger American Gen II

Hnthrdr

WKR
Aren't Tikka's with a threaded barrel $1300 these days?
Seems like it, heck even the stainless are sitting at around 900-950… now don’t get me wrong the fit and finish of my tikkas are far superior to the ruger pred I own but that ruger shoots great and was 415 bucks or something… I figure msrp is usually higher than what they retail for, so if this thing is like 675 or so it seems like a good deal.

matthewmt

WKR
I'm still wanting a RR in 300blk and 16" bbl.

Does KRG offer a bravo for the RA?

I've heard nothing but good in regards to accuracy from owners of the RA.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

OP
Bama67

Bama67

Lil-Rokslider
I'm still wanting a RR in 300blk and 16" bbl.

Does KRG offer a bravo for the RA?

I've heard nothing but good in regards to accuracy from owners of the RA.

I bought one of the Ranch 300 Blk when they first came out.
Probably my most shot centerfire rifle, it's insane how quiet it is with a can. I can shoot all I want and my neighbors don't hear a thing.

kkp005

WKR
I’m interested. Just comparing the msrp from the original ranch to the gen 2, there’s only a $60 difference. If these can be had for sub $600 they will be a very good buy. I’m a tikka fan boy but ive been very impressed with how accurate every Ruger american is that I’ve shot

Felix1776

Lil-Rokslider
I’m interested. Just comparing the msrp from the original ranch to the gen 2, there’s only a $60 difference. If these can be had for sub $600 they will be a very good buy. I’m a tikka fan boy but ive been very impressed with how accurate every Ruger american is that I’ve shot
If these wind up being sub-$600, I'll own one. Considering the RA Go Wild, is $650-ish, there's no way these are cheaper than the Go Wild. This seems like a way nicer gun than the Go Wild.

matthewmt

WKR
Probably my most shot centerfire rifle, it's insane how quiet it is with a can. I can shoot all I want and my neighbors don't hear a thing.
I like the idea of 10 rnd box mags and an aimpoint for 100 yds or less.
A lightweight folding chassis would be amazing on something like this.

TxLite

WKR
Waiting on my stamp for mine. Chopping it at the end of the forend. Barrel should end up around 16-17” with the scythe mounted up

Ajsomp

WKR
Classified Approved
These rifles have always shot lights out for me. I’ve owned 4 different Variants now - the original American, the “hunter” version, and ranch versions - one in 7.62x39 and the other in 350 legend. The 6.5 creedmoor shot 140s at .4 Moa or better out of the box- it was stupid impressive for something that cost a fraction of some of my other guns. I had to buy the 350 legend to hunt on base where straight wall was the only centerfire rifle allowed and it’s taken white tail just fine.

Are the actions refined - not at all but you don’t buy one expecting a better action. Are the triggers awesome? No but a $15 spring fixes that. It’s a rifle I don’t feel bad about beating up and will gladly hand to my kids when it’s time for them to grow into something.

Honestly my biggest gripes were the lack of adjustable comb, the bolt knob, and the barrel length out the gate for most models. They addressed all of those. I will definitely own a ranch in 556 and probably a 7PRC (assuming the barrel is somewhere between 20-22”). I assume the 7PRC will still use their single stack magnum mags which are flush enough for me. But maybe not?

Either way - I think street price will be in the low 6s considering I can get a go wild version for 545 right now.

slamdmini

FNG

Elite

WKR
Everything looks improved but that mag setup does not look like a good hunting set up. Also at 6:36 in the video looks like he is fighting with the gun jamming?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MOVA

FNG
Potentially excited about the length of pull adjustment for a budget youth setup in .223... but for over $600 would just step up to Tikka.

Seems like they kinda jumped their niche price category dominance with this one. I'd be ok with the stock upgrade if it didn't have that hideous savage-style rubber comb. I wish they'd put a good mid-range stock on the original barreled action and make some fast-twist models to compete as an entry level Tikka-ish option. Then they might take some of my $$

matthewmt

WKR
Waiting on my stamp for mine. Chopping it at the end of the forend. Barrel should end up around 16-17” with the scythe mounted up
That is a great idea! Would come out to a 10" bbl or so?