New Rifle Build- Bullet and Caliber- Mono metal- Thoughts?

The heaviest .243 Hammer is a 104 tipped, and it shows you need a 1/7 twist.

At 18” I’d probably just start with standard powders. H4895 or H4350 are two listed. RL16 would probably be a great choice but its impossible to find.

Keep us posted. I have a Tikka 695 in a 30-06 they I’ve contemplated using for a 6CM build.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
3- using the suppressor above what is the lightest profile barrel I should use? I understand there is an issue with threading a suppressor onto to thin of a muzzle but don’t know the details or options out there.
Unless you want to use an adapter or flared end on the barrel the easy button is PBB or PVA both have a profile that drops down to .75” quickly and then is taperless so it has a good shoulder for 5/8-24 threads which are common. You could go smaller and save a few ounces but you’ll have to use an adapter or flare the contour at the end. Fluting might save you those same ounces if you’re chasing them.
Keep us posted. I have a Tikka 695 in a 30-06 they I’ve contemplated using for a 6CM build.
Imho get a T3/T3x for the 6cm build. The M695 is a bit heavier and you’d be wasting the 3.49” (iirc) mag length on the 6cm. Build a 6-06 on it or something that makes use of the extra length. ;)