New Puppy Name

Jmort1754

WKR
We are getting a goldendoode, it's why my significant other wants, I am out of town a ton so if she can have a companion with her I am ok with it.

Does anyone have one? Her best friend breeds them and we have pick of the litter, only thing set in stone is she wants a female.

Suggestions on names ? I keep trying to talk her into Myrtle but apparently that is not a go.

We have one. Very energetic dogs and extremely loving and loyal. I was going to train ours to duck hunt but I don’t think her hair would have been good for that. It doesn’t really seem to shed water very well. I wish I would have trained her to be an upland hunter. She has an incredible nose. I love how there is absolutely no shedding and if there is it’s only when her hair gets very long and it comes out in small little clumps that can be easily seen. Either learn how to cut her hair or get used to bringing her to the groomer every few months or so. We tried grooming but don’t have the patience for we so we use a groomer. Shaved short in the summer and a little longer the rest of the year. She is a fun dog though and loves to play and lay beside us on the coach. My wife named her Demi.

Attachments

• A024F1C6-A0D4-4423-8F17-238D437055E6.jpeg
    A024F1C6-A0D4-4423-8F17-238D437055E6.jpeg
    178.6 KB · Views: 55

Wapiti1

WKR
Ours is a mini-GD named Zena. She's 6 now, and still super playful. Really a great dog.

Jeremy

hicountry1

Lil-Rokslider
We got a rescue pup, pit mix, real sweetie.

Had the same problem...name her.

So I'm sitting in the recliner drinking a Stella Artois beer.

Ah ha...Stella !!

Her name is Stella.

Have a pard who named is black lab Miller....same deal

Attachments

• 20200815_213734.jpg
    20200815_213734.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 32
For sporting dogs run in the field I prefer single syllable names, with a hard u or o sound ( I believe the deeper tone carries farther in the woods and is easier to draw out) with a hard sharp closing consonant, K for example. May look like Luke for example.

Just my preference. If I find a name with only two of those 3 parameters I like for a dog, it would be single syllable and then u or o vowel sounds.

Knew a fella once that named his golden retriever "Damn It". Always made me laugh hearing him call that dog (he was a well behaved, good dog). Damn It come here. Fetch Damn It. Always good for a laugh. One of the worst names I've heard in MT was Bear. I'd never go into the woods with that fella, too many odds of mixed communication.

I dont have one but we take our dog addy to a dog park and see them often. They all are real good dogs from what ive seen. I got a great pyreneese and it definatly helps being gone knowing nobody is gonna mess with them.
For names i always would picture yelling it like mentioned before you dont want to many syllables or youll sound weird yelling for it ha

hunterjmj

WKR
We have a 12 week old golden doodle and named him Trapper. Good little puppy that chits all the time. 😆

Mojave

WKR
Dog names ha!

I had an emergency call up deployment back in 2001 to Turkey and I had just bought a black lab. I named him Buddy, and when I was gone because I called everyone "you bastard in the Navy back then" my roomates renamed him while I was gone. By the time I got home 9 months later that was his name.

Hopefully here "you bastard" doesn't stick while you are gone.

IdahoElk

WKR
Sammy is a Miniature GD, she goes hunting and retrieves believe it or not, great dog!

mYMEIMx.jpg