New pack hint on the Exo site.

OP
wekilldeer

wekilldeer

Lil-Rokslider
Now that the Death Hike is complete, things will hopefully move quicker. I'm sure the K3s got a workout

Hey guys we sincerely apologize for the delay in all the info / details to be released on the new packs. As a consumer I understand how frustrating it can be. I can assure you there is no master plan here to purposely release info and make people wait for it or drag things out longer then necessary. The truth is we are a very small company, doing our best and working our butts off to get these packs shipping and out to guys in time for July / August scouting trips.

The original goal was to release everything much earlier in the year and be well into shipping now. In late February I had a few new design ideas and materials I found that I thought were 100% worth integrating into the pack . Unfortunately that meant delaying the release and with a lifetime warranty testing this stuff takes time. We are not going to rush something out the door without it being thoroughly tested. The cost of the delayed release to us doesn't even come close to the cost of putting a product out there that could have issues down the road. I am 150% confident the delay was / is worth it and if you have the patience to stick with us you'll understand once you get a pack in hand.

We had 33 complete packs on everyone's back this last weekend for our annual Death Hike. Between all the guys we logged something close to 1500 miles inside of 48 hours and everyone had to pack at least 70-80lb packs the last 18 miles out. The packs performed beautifully with no issues at all, it was a hell of a torture test for them. I can't wait to begin shipping these so more people can get them on their backs.

Right now the plan is to start taking orders later this month, shooting for June 26th as the online release date and we'll begin shipping a few days after that. We won't have a ton of stock right away but worst case by July 10th-ish we will. I'm very optimistic I projected sales correctly and we wont' have any large delays once we launch. If sales do go way beyond what I projected and you wait until early August to order there is a chance getting a pack by Sept 1 would be an issue.

Hope this helps answers some of your questions. If anyone has any questions your best shot is to email me directly to [email protected].

Thanks,
Steve

Any thoughts on the K3 frame as a carry on bag on flights? I used the K2 with no issues but not sure about the K3

The K3 is essentially identical in dimensions to a K2 unless you are running the frame extensions out to the 26.5"setting. In that case you'd be 1.5" taller than a K2.

Man I was so super pumped for the k3.
But they look so dang tall in all the pics. And they dont even have a lid on.
I really wanted more load lifter action.
But I gotta be able to walk thru brush too.

The pics just come across funny, there is zero difference between a K2 and K3 unless you are running the frame at 26.5". Really the new design you get the best of both worlds, you can hunt with the frame short and then for the heavy pack out make it 1.5" taller. The two frame sizes are 24-25.5" and 25-26.5".

Mark said it shouldn't be an issue to get me a pack........I'm just nervous about it because I have no plan b if it doesn't work out. I am still holding out for a k3 and I'm sure it will be a well-tested tip tier pack and everything will work out

You wont' have any issues, just don't wait until August. That's really the only timing I'm worried about if sales go through the roof on us.

tdhanses

WKR
What about these born and raised packs I’ve been hearing about ??

Believe they will be sold direct form the Born and Raised website not Exo based on last nights video. My guess is it’ll be a standard EXO 4800 with their emblem added and maybe in one camo color. They’ll have 500 to sell. I’ll be ordering direct from EXO.

PatrickW

FNG
Steve,

Will the new hip belts work on the K2 frame? Meaning the adjustable belt with added lumbar support for guys with no butt…

md126

WKR
Steve and Mark, thanks for the pics.

Any specs yet on the weight of the new K3 packs? Thanks

NoRush24

Lil-Rokslider
Got to put hands on the new packs at tamarack, and they felt super comfortable and the new 6400 was shockingly light. Well worth that weight for how nice these are. Cannot wait to order!!

Galea82

FNG
Steve, is the Stretch pocket on the 6400 larger and stretchier than the 5500? I love the zip on the 5500 because you are able to enclose the pocket, but im a little concerned about the system on the 6400. Will the pocket "not having a zip on the top" once full cause the pocket to fill with Debris and Rain water once stuffed with gear?

Also are the full length side pockets on the 6400 larger than the 5500 and does the 6400 have a quick zippered top access hydration bladder pocket / dry storage compartment like the 4800?

Cheers.

Attachments

• 5500vs6400.jpg
    5500vs6400.jpg
    214.4 KB · Views: 103

sneaky

"DADDY"
Steve, is the Stretch pocket on the 6400 larger and stretchier than the 5500? I love the zip on the 5500 because you are able to enclose the pocket, but im a little concerned about the system on the 6400. Will the pocket "not having a zip on the top" once full cause the pocket to fill with Debris and Rain water once stuffed with gear?

Also are the full length side pockets on the 6400 larger than the 5500 and does the 6400 have a quick zippered top access hydration bladder pocket / dry storage compartment like the 4800?

Cheers.
The original EXO packs had the open top stretch pocket, and had no issues with debris or water, the lid covers the top of the pocket.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Just a quick heads up for everyone. We will officially launch website orders for the new packs on next Monday July 1st but we are going to send out an early email this Thursday with a link to anyone on the email waitlist for an early chance to order. That sign up is exomountaingear.com/2019.

As soon as I get a few free minutes I'll jump back in here and get to some of the questions above.

Thanks,
Steve