new Mountain House...biscuits and gravy

oh man, i hope they got this one right. i saw it on REI during the sale,bought 4. anyone tried em yet?

Last edited:

MesaHorseCo.

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I bought a couple also, havent tried em yet. I might bust one out this weekend and let ya know.

boom

WKR
oh, someone Rehydrate a pack already!!

haha..i am gonna hit up REI tomorrow!

voidecho

Lil-Rokslider
Too funny. I bought one a week ago and took it camping with me last weekend intending on trying it, but opted for oatmeal in the morning. It's sitting in my garage. Who's going to be the first to try it?

Rucker61

WKR
I just made up a packet. I used the thicker gravy recipe, and I'd recommend that for anyone, as it's still a bit runny. It's tasty, though, albeit nowhere close to what Mom made. Biscuit chunks are a bit soft, as would be expected, so it more like dumplings and gravy. It would still be a nice change of pace from cold pro-bars on a crispy morning.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Biscuit chunks are a bit soft, as would be expected, so it more like dumplings and gravy.

That's exactly what I thought of when I saw the title of the thread. How on earth could you dehydrate biscuits and actually have them rehydrate into biscuits? They might as well add chicken and make it a higher protein meal and call it "Chicken & Dumplings with Gravy".

Larry Bartlett

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
what's it weigh?

Also, guys...you all probably know this and I'm way behind on the Real World markets, but when i was in OR a month or two ago we stopped in to the World Trade Market for some special salt (mixed up sea salt), and we spotted some small Tabasco bottles in two flavors (Regular and chipolte). Made me think of my old days in the Army eating those damn dehydrated pork patties and ham slices. Too bad they're in small glass bottles. Taco Bell has small hot sauces in pouches like mustard and ketchup...fyi.

Might have to stock up next time for the biscuit.

16Bore

WKR
I just made up a packet. I used the thicker gravy recipe, and I'd recommend that for anyone, as it's still a bit runny. It's tasty, though, albeit nowhere close to what Mom made. Biscuit chunks are a bit soft, as would be expected, so it more like dumplings and gravy. It would still be a nice change of pace from cold pro-bars on a crispy morning.

I give it under 2 hours and you're riding the throne wishing you hadn't. Ha!!

16Bore

WKR
This has been my recent favorite, "Vans Gluten Free Oatmeal". Costly little beetches, but the package is foil lined so just rip off the top and add hot water. I also buy small packs of single serving almond butter and mix it in with the oatmeal. Good protein and you don't feel like theres a brick in your stomach. I hate having a full/bloated belly, especially with a pack on

RustyHazen

Lil-Rokslider
The biscuits and gravy is fantastic! If you back off on the water a little bit, the biscuits will turn out a little drier like fresh ones. It's a great change of pace and didn't do anything strange to my stomach. Actual gross weight is 6.0 oz, 5.9 for dorks like me that trim off the top of the bag.