New Kifaru Bag Tease

prm

WKR
I have one. Used it the last few days on day hunts for bears. The new material feels not as stiff as the xpac was. Haven’t had it very cold yet. I’ll be running it without a lid for future day trips, just don’t need it and descent organization with the two front pockets.

Headed sheep scouting next month so I’ll get photos of it loaded up with camp. Hit me with any Q’s

View attachment 717617
Does this bag separate from frame like the Manimal or like a Stryker? I much prefer the easy Stryker-like designs in how easily they carry meat against frame. This appears to be more like the Manimal but not certain.

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Does this bag separate from frame like the Manimal or like a Stryker? I much prefer the easy Stryker-like designs in how easily they carry meat against frame. This appears to be more like the Manimal but not certain.
Separates like a regular bag, not like a Stryker.

Reactions: prm
What is it called and is it available yet? I need something for longer hunts and more water resistant.

Fulton

FNG
GoHunt has a decent highlight of this pack towards end of this video:

Trail knows bags and shares some opinions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for sending it. Very interesting. So many good options to choose from. Almost too many! I’m a Kifaru freak. My biggest concern is getting a bag I don’t need or not having a big enough bag when I need it. At 64 years old, I’m not doing anymore large packouts. But I do like to carry enough gear. Just ordered the ARK and the sling to train with on heavy packs. Bought a KUIU duffle to fill out with heavy stuff to strap on for training. This new Kifaru pack might be what I need. 😂
I doubt it but if the reviews are really good then I’ll splurge and I’ll eventually sell for cheap. At my point in life I like to try something until I find the perfect setup- for me. If not, I flip it for a good deal for someone. Makes it fun for me and makes someone else happy in process.
Thanks again for taking the time to share this video. Happy Hunting!

plebe

Lil-Rokslider
Isn't that basically a 22 mag?

I voiced a preference for the K4 daypack to have externally pleated side pockets vice internally pleated, and some folks pushed back saying that what I really wanted was available in the next larger capacity. Got the K4 2200, and it was as expected, the side pockets are not optimal (for me). I’d say slightly better than useless. And the 3600, that doesn’t fit the bill.

Maybe it’s niche, but I think there’s often upside to adding a bit more capacity over the standard 1800/2200 sized daypack to improve features, without hitting the next echelon of bag. So I get where @bozeman is coming from.

Sadler

WKR
I voiced a preference for the K4 daypack to have externally pleated side pockets vice internally pleated, and some folks pushed back saying that what I really wanted was available in the next larger capacity. Got the K4 2200, and it was as expected, the side pockets are not optimal (for me). I’d say slightly better than useless. And the 3600, that doesn’t fit the bill.

Maybe it’s niche, but I think there’s often upside to adding a bit more capacity over the standard 1800/2200 sized daypack to improve features, without hitting the next echelon of bag. So I get where @bozeman is coming from.
I’m with you. Internally pleated pockets are just north of worthless for me especially when you’re actually using the main bag. Hope they redesign it. I’d rather have a 2200 than the 3600.

OP
E
Looks like a great bag but much bigger than I need. A little bummed, but may still grab one if it’s super light.