New Mexico Residents - Hunting Opportunities?

dtrkyman

WKR
I only archery hunt, put in for basically everything for the last three years and have only drawn a couple mule deer tags in sub par units!

Not a fan of ABQ, but not much of a fan of cities in general!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rural states see more burglaries than those with big metropolitan hubs.​

You’d expect that New York and California might have more burglaries per capita, but they’re actually near the bottom of the list.

In fact, New Mexico is the most burglarized state in the US, along with other rural states including Mississippi, Louisiana, Oklahoma, and Arkansas.

In New Mexico's most recent FBI-reported stats, burglaries comprised 23% of the state's property crime, compared to the national average of 16%.

From article, FBI, Uniform Crime Reporting, “Crime in the United States 2019, Table 7.” Accessed March 27, 2023.

Felix40

WKR
Some people just have bad luck. Even on low quality high odd units.
That may be true here and there but anyone who hasn’t drawn a deer or elk tag in more than 5 years doesn’t want to hunt very bad.

There’s been deer tags leftover the last 5 years. There are several elk tags that are more than 90% draw odds.

That may be true here and there but anyone who hasn’t drawn a deer or elk tag in more than 5 years doesn’t want to hunt very bad.

There’s been deer tags leftover the last 5 years. There are several elk tags that are more than 90% draw odds.
True, but they do need to be hunting with archery tackle except for youth tags every now and then for leftovers.

I agree if people really want to hunt they'll find a way. It feels a little bit of a stretch though to recommend it as a good hunting opportunity unless someone knows their shit.