New Mexico Elk Draw 2024

CMF

WKR
0/25 for the fam
I guess I can't complain after we had an elk, deer and two ewe audad tags last year.

BWG13

Lil-Rokslider
My dad and I drew 2nd choice elk and 1st choice deer. I'm pumped!

Nothing for the wife or kids, though.

codym

WKR
Rifle deer and archery elk… I need a new bow a new mule a new horse trailer and I’m building a new rifle… can’t take it with you I suppose Lol

mrcvelo

FNG
After years of reading about everyone else drawing and coming up empty, I finally drew a 6c rifle tag. Apparently miracles can happen.

NMRN

FNG
I’ve got a random question pertaining to this. I drew a unit several years ago with myself and one other on a combo/party/attached app. This year we have 3. How many people have drawn with multiple people on the same app and what’s the most number of people anyone has drawn?
My wife and son drew elk this year as a party.

Reactions: CMF

Mike76

FNG
Well Guys Ol Dad did not draw a 24-25 tag. But the Son did and he is literally bouncing off the walls. He drew a 16B first archery tag.
With the total months that we studied of each of the 3 units we put in for paid off and were very fortunate to draw on his first go around.
Elk hunting is not new for the Son and I by any means But NM is.
First, I want to show my appreciation by thanking all those that responded to my constant posts about these units in general. Thank you all so much and very well appreciated. All contacts were made by messaging each individual as I hear how most do not like throwing things out over the sites. Well, appreciated.
I have an outfitter for a drop and pack out for when a call is made.
Our outfitter goes in from the cliff dwelling and we will drop in from the Cliff Dwelling then a 9-mile ride to our drop.
If anyone knows anything about the area It would be well appreciated to hear a little knowledge about the area. Water, that I was so concerned about is no longer the issue as we will pack in the water needed.
Again, I thank this site and the hunters hear that give a helping hand for those who have never hunted NM.
Thank You Mike76

Gila

WKR
Congratulations to all of you who drew a tag! Residents have a difficult time getting a tag to hunt elk and any other species for that matter. To all of you who didn’t draw an elk tag (like me) I share in your disappointment. I did draw a decent deer tag which is a long shot for a good buck, but that hunt should be interesting.

The snow at the higer elevations just melted about 10 days ago. We have had some rain this spring. I don’t think it is going to be a dry year but time will tell. In the SouthWest we tend to get wildfires during the summer months. Something to keep an eye on. Has been a rather cool spring. Just the last couple of days I haven’t needed a jacket to do chores in the morning. Last year’s calf recruitment looked good in most areas. I am optimistic that it is going to be another good year for Elk hunting.