New Mexico Elk Draw 2024

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
If Murphy has anything to do with it, this year will be the year I draw. I put all my apps in, and then a buddy told me he was putting in for his CO archery 61 elk tag, and is counting on me.

I think the 16th is the earliest I've seen the draw results posted in the last several years.

Jethro

WKR
We drew 2020 and 2022, so we're hoping the e/o year luck continues. Don't know if the results will be 17th or 24th, but I know my hunting bud will be checking his E-tag app every couple hours starting on the 15th.

If Murphy has anything to do with it, this year will be the year I draw. I put all my apps in, and then a buddy told me he was putting in for his CO archery 61 elk tag, and is counting on me.

I think the 16th is the earliest I've seen the draw results posted in the last several years.
Yep, this is the boat I'm in. I'm hoping NOT to draw New Mexico or Wyoming, because a couple of epic Colorado hunts have come together since applying.

mavinwa2

WKR
Res WA ST, winter>Gilbert AZ , NR>AZ, UT, NM, CO.
Same. Thinking about going on a small game tour in all the western states and putting a hurt on their rabbit and squirrel populations.
Waiting for my 17th disappointment after drawing in 2006.

Regarding quote, I've done just this several times. Bring my fly rod along on the short trip too.
Roasted grouse, rubbed with olive oil over the coals, yum!
Great for scouting an area, observations include game & sign, hunter pressure, prevalent wind directions etc. Learn a lot about a unit for future hunt considerations.

But I do my best not to disturb the hunts of the permit holders.
There was a time when I was posted up listening, caught between hunters working a bugling bull. The Gila 7x6 bull walked right by me at 10 yards, kept moseying along toward the hunters, out of my sight. Couple minutes later, heard a bow release, the bull ran past me on same trail. Saw the arrow sticking out of the bull's paunch, stomach-intestines shot. 10 minutes later, shooter and 2 buddies come down the trail.
Didn't see me, so I whistled softly.
They came over, shooter said he "smoked it". I was at a loss for words. I backed on out as they continued on.

Seeing me outside my camp late in the day, they stopped and came over to talk. Never found the bull, etc, etc.
Hardly got a word in their conversation. Big guy, shooter, was so convinced on his "45-yard shot".
I was trying to find the heart to tell them where the arrow hit. Hoping they'd go back and look further.
When I did, they looked at me in shock. Shooter disagreed and they left. I was there for 2 more days of the 4-day trip, they never came back to the area.

deltadukman

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve got a random question pertaining to this. I drew a unit several years ago with myself and one other on a combo/party/attached app. This year we have 3. How many people have drawn with multiple people on the same app and what’s the most number of people anyone has drawn?

Jethro

WKR
I’ve got a random question pertaining to this. I drew a unit several years ago with myself and one other on a combo/party/attached app. This year we have 3. How many people have drawn with multiple people on the same app and what’s the most number of people anyone has drawn?

We’ve drawn as a party of 4, which is also the maximum you can have on an app.

Mike76

FNG
They love to keep us guessing as 10 day prior every yr for thew last 5
Waiting for my 17th disappointment after drawing in 2006.

Regarding quote, I've done just this several times. Bring my fly rod along on the short trip too.
Roasted grouse, rubbed with olive oil over the coals, yum!
Great for scouting an area, observations include game & sign, hunter pressure, prevalent wind directions etc. Learn a lot about a unit for future hunt considerations.

But I do my best not to disturb the hunts of the permit holders.
There was a time when I was posted up listening, caught between hunters working a bugling bull. The Gila 7x6 bull walked right by me at 10 yards, kept moseying along toward the hunters, out of my sight. Couple minutes later, heard a bow release, the bull ran past me on same trail. Saw the arrow sticking out of the bull's paunch, stomach-intestines shot. 10 minutes later, shooter and 2 buddies come down the trail.
Didn't see me, so I whistled softly.
They came over, shooter said he "smoked it". I was at a loss for words. I backed on out as they continued on.

Seeing me outside my camp late in the day, they stopped and came over to talk. Never found the bull, etc, etc.
Hardly got a word in their conversation. Big guy, shooter, was so convinced on his "45-yard shot".
I was trying to find the heart to tell them where the arrow hit. Hoping they'd go back and look further.
When I did, they looked at me in shock. Shooter disagreed and they left. I was there for 2 more days of the 4-day trip, they never came back to the area.
I shot a hell of a Bull in 21 and also paunch shot him at 55 and found that bull 11/2 miles from where I shot him a day later. They will go until they lay down and hopefully can't get back up after hours of lying there.
Got to keep looking that's pretty sad.
It's the way it is in this world today, stick em, lose them after a couple hundred yrds and go on hunting.
Sad to say But I have seen it to many times.

4IDARCHER

WKR
7 years ago today my hunting partner and I found out we had draw the Gila….hopefully soon I will get to be that giddy again.