New Meateater - Has Steve Gone Too Far???

Yoder

WKR
I think it's funny that guys on here look down on people for liking the Meateater guys, when those same guys wear football jerseys with another dudes name across the back and scream at the TV, while watching a game that they themselves don't even play.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk
I love when they say, "We won last night" Like they were actually playing. I personally like the podcast more than the show and I think Steve seems like a really good guy.

grfox92

WKR
I love when they say, "We won last night" Like they were actually playing. I personally like the podcast more than the show and I think Steve seems like a really good guy.
Yup. Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against sports people. I've just never been one. I don't get it and never will.

I've listened to the podcast every week since 2016. It's had ups and downs but at the end of the day it's entertainment. It's a radio show. That's it. Alot of people over think what it should or shouldn't be.

The show has been secondary for me, but lately I watch it with my son because he likes it.

Wyo_hntr

WKR
I think it's funny that guys on here look down on people for liking the Meateater guys, when those same guys wear football jerseys with another dudes name across the back and scream at the TV, while watching a game that they themselves don't even play.

So thats the only type of person that dislikes meateater? Interesting. I guess I need to buy a jersey and yell at my television.

Was Rinella a fresh new perspective in hunting media back 2010-12? Yes. Did the money ruin that? Absolutely.

The monstrosity of meateater is no different than any other over commercialized hunting industry company.

Last edited:

grfox92

WKR
So thats the only type of person that dislikes meateater? Interesting. I guess I need to buy a jersey and yell at my television.

Was Rinella a fresh new perspective in hunting media back 2010-12? Yes. Did the money ruin that? Absolutely.

The monstrosity of meateater is no different than any other over commercialized hunting industry company.
I never said that

Like most things, far worse after adding money and fame.

TaperPin

WKR
I stopped regularly following any of the professional video makers after meeting the Eastmans at a hunting convention in the 1990’s - doesn’t seem like I’ve missed much since then.

JAM7

FNG
I bet Steve is laughing his ass off- thats funny
Agree, he has a good sense of humor.

I think my favorite Steve joke across all Meateater media was on one of the trivia podcasts where he was cracking jokes about Brady’s age and said, “we’re arguing about this, but Brady is so old he doesn’t even know what’s going on, he’s just in the corner mumbling “build back better.””

I feel like this thread could be Meateater gorilla marketing. Pay somebody with a little ‘slide street cred to make a vague post with a bunch of memes to make anyone that’s not a regular listener question what’s going on. This would lead said individual to do some googling to figure out if there is a “Haiti episode” then would subject them to having to listen to the last 2-3 episodes to try and figure out what the inside joke is so they could appropriately respond to the memes from a nuanced perspective.
Well played Steve.

Dos XX

WKR
I always liked Jan Brady more than Marsha, plus she was cuter. I think we would have made a good couple.

Swamp Fox

WKR
I always liked Jan Brady more than Marsha, plus she was cuter. I think we would have made a good couple.
That's crazy talk. You know she would have left you for Mary Ann, and then you would have cracked that Jim Beam decanter that looked like Elvis... even though Ginger wanted you bad ...

Ginger would abide a Flintstones jelly bean jar for the right guy ... I don't care what anybody says ...

You missed the boat there, man ...