New Manners Stocks Pro Hunter

Can you comment on the rear profile of the cheek piece? Thickness? Blocky like an eh1?

Considering ordering one of these or an lrh to replace my eh1, I want that m5 mini chassis to give me options to run a mag.
I'll pull it out tonight and look. I've had an EH1 and this seems narrower and more rounded, but that's based off memory from my EH1 I moved along years ago. I'll try to snap you a picture tonight. With my low rings and a V6 3-18x50 my personal cheek weld height is perfect. I THINK I have hawkins hybrid lows on my anTi.

edit: My EH1 had the defensive edge kydex cheek riser, so I don't actually remember the stock shape underneath at the cheek rest area. But can still try to get you a picture.

I'll pull it out tonight and look. I've had an EH1 and this seems narrower and more rounded, but that's based off memory from my EH1 I moved along years ago. I'll try to snap you a picture tonight. With my low rings and a V6 3-18x50 my personal cheek weld height is perfect. I THINK I have hawkins hybrid lows on my anTi.

edit: My EH1 had the defensive edge kydex cheek riser, so I don't actually remember the stock shape underneath at the cheek rest area. But can still try to get you a picture.
A picture would be appreciated. Hoping it’s a little slimmer design.

Can you comment on the rear profile of the cheek piece? Thickness? Blocky like an eh1?

Considering ordering one of these or an lrh to replace my eh1, I want that m5 mini chassis to give me options to run a mag.
Just FYI, you can interchange m5 bottom metal on "traditional" m5 inlets - you don't need to have the chassis to do that.

I plan to run hawkins hunter dbm with hunter flush mags knowing that I can always interchange the bottom metal with standard m5 (for aics mags) for nrl hunter matches if I want to.

(AND...in short actions I belive you can run aics through the hunter bottom metal anyway. Mine is a long action and cannot recieve aics mags - only hunter flush)

I'm not sure if there is an advantage to the chassis in this regard.

Check me on this. I'm still learning. Someone else may be able to help confirm/correct my understanding here.

My understanding to the chassis is slightly heavier, slightly more consitancy issues/concerns unless bedded when compared to traditional bedded inlet, but adds modularity to your arsenal if you have multiple barreled actions that can fit it and More readily available and perhaps more resalable. Check with others to confirm all this once again. Correct me here too if I'm off on my understanding pls.

Just FYI, you can interchange m5 bottom metal on "traditional" m5 inlets - you don't need to have the chassis to do that.

I plan to run hawkins hunter dbm with hunter flush mags knowing that I can always interchange the bottom metal with standard m5 (for aics mags) for nrl hunter matches if I want to.

(AND...in short actions I belive you can run aics through the hunter bottom metal anyway. Mine is a long action and cannot recieve aics mags - only hunter flush)

Check me on this. I'm still learning. Someone else may be able to help confirm/correct my understanding here.

My understanding to the chassis is slightly heavier, slightly more consitancy issues/concerns unless bedded when compared to traditional bedded inlet, but adds modularity to your arsenal if you have multiple barreled actions that can fit it and More readily available and perhaps more resealable. Check with others to confirm all this once again. Correct me here too if I'm off on my understanding pls.
Iv got a few mini chassis and really am a fan. I like that it’s all metal from action to bottom metal. Not against bedding them either, but I don’t have any bedded currently. The stock I want to replace is actually a bdl mini chassis eh1, very happy with it, but like you I want some flexibility to run aics for nrl. That and I’m starting to appreciate a mag a lot more. The options out there now like with the Hawkins, it’s hard to even want a bdl.

My rifle is a long action so I’ll have to check on that aics mag fitment. I know there’s a few length long action 1”aics magazines.

My understanding to the chassis is slightly heavier, slightly more consitancy issues/concerns unless bedded when compared to traditional bedded inlet, but adds modularity to your arsenal if you have multiple barreled actions that can fit it and More readily available and perhaps more resalable. Check with others to confirm all this once again. Correct me here too if I'm off on my understanding pls.
I think the real benefit to the chassis is you can throw any 700 clone barreled actions in there and roll. I wanted this without the chassis but it was in stock so went with it chassis included. I would have preferred regular M5 inlet like you mentioned and bedded it. Honestly however, I bet it comes to within an ounce of eachother. ~2oz of bedding of ~3oz of chassis in there. I have since thrown several guns in there playing around and now like the modularity aspect of it.

I personally don't think there is any accuracy difference between a well machined chassis and a bedded action. I have played a lot with both and have had the same groups from the same guns playing around. Others have a lot more time than me on a trigger though. I'm lucky to go through a barrel a year.

I think the real benefit to the chassis is you can throw any 700 clone barreled actions in there and roll. I wanted this without the chassis but it was in stock so went with it chassis included. I would have preferred regular M5 inlet like you mentioned and bedded it. Honestly however, I bet it comes to within an ounce of eachother. ~2oz of bedding of ~3oz of chassis in there. I have since thrown several guns in there playing around and now like the modularity aspect of it.

I personally don't think there is any accuracy difference between a well machined chassis and a bedded action. I have played a lot with both and have had the same groups from the same guns playing around. Others have a lot more time than me on a trigger though. I'm lucky to go through a barrel a year.
For the most part I think bedding the chassis might gain you some repeatability in taking things apart/putting them back together, and maybe in the ability for the rifle to take hard impacts.

I havnt had any accuracy concerns with any of the manners mini chassis Iv used. If I did I would bed them.

How is it (or an EH1 with similar profile) for shooting offhand? I know it’s not primary, but a kneeling shot, or a shot off a tree or fence post isn’t uncommon where I hunt.

Good points by all. This was an in stock model and had the 1/2” pad, Sendero contour, short action, but their new M5 mini chassis. I read in a different forum it only added 2-3 oz and that’s comparable to bedding weight so I tried it. Definitely added more than 2-3 oz.

Update:

Decided to throw the rifle in to see. Now I kinda like it. I really like how flush the mags sit. Rifle weighs 8lb 1.6oz with DMB installed with the PH. 8lb 9.7oz suppressed with Ultra 5 for hunting.

White is much less noticeable in person, flash makes it pop!

b350f0a10b0defb9ab1ebad0dc43cc82.jpg

8db0d21367c5b1f5df6d970baa2907a6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What is the color on the first picture?

Does the pic rail up front have a flush cup? Debating ordering one and just having flush cups on the left side or possibly just one on the bottom rear.

For those with the mini chassis. Is it worth the upgrade? I like the idea of not having to bed it, in case I want to use it on a different action later on.
Also, anyone know of a Black Friday deal on them?

Definitely a fan of the Pro Hunters and the Forged Bloodshot pattern. I do wish they put a bit more of the CF flakes in the pro hunters like they did with the EH1. My EH1 must have been a test run as the CF weave is almost completely covered by the flakes while the PH have a few here and there.

IMG_8063.jpeg

Definitely a fan of the Pro Hunters and the Forged Bloodshot pattern. I do wish they put a bit more of the CF flakes in the pro hunters like they did with the EH1. My EH1 must have been a test run as the CF weave is almost completely covered by the flakes while the PH have a few here and there.

View attachment 630807
how much does the long action stock weigh with the hawkins BM? I have one on order.

Those PH stocks look great. The only concern I would have is if the cheek weld would be high enough. I’ve become so accustomed to using adjustable cheek pieces and being able to get the perfect height.

View attachment 630807

Distance to trigger looks slightly longer on the PH, is that reality or is it my eyes.

how much does the long action stock weigh with the hawkins BM? I have one on order.
I don’t believe I weighed it by itself but the SA is 33 so it should be around that but slightly lighter.

Distance to trigger looks slightly longer on the PH, is that reality or is it my eyes.

I’ll throw a tape on it tonight but I haven’t noticed a difference.

Back