New Kuiu vs Used MR

ummm no it is the same size as your XXL dry bag + 4000 cubic inches, so 2150 more. you can still use the drybag and meat shelf.

My point was I’d use the 4000 when I didn’t want to run the dry bag, so I’d still have to pack my gear extremely carefully. Thus it adds no versatility. There is also a practical limit as to how large of a pack you can have heavily loaded and then move it away from the frame by stuffing a full dry bag in there.

I had a MR, bought an icon Pro 7200 the last sale Kuiu had, too big for me and I’ll probably sell it. I bought an ultra 5500 bag as well. I like the Ultra, it’s simple and light. I want to try the Stone Glacier 45/56 though.

I’ve settled on the Kifaru over the Kuiu Icon Pro. But I was close to keeping the Kuiu too as it’s lighter and kinda cool technically. But I barely need one pack, let alone two. My wife liked the Kuiu more.

The kuiu personally was better for me. Mr is bulletproof no doubt but didn’t fit me right for whatever reason. I tried to like it but in the end I sold it and bought a icon pro

Sleorna

Lil-Rokslider
I've been pretty happy with a MR Marshall with GL frame but not a fan of the thin belt with #100+. The new Beartooth looks appealing. Otherwise I don't think you can go wrong with kifaru.