New KUIU Packs

cmeier117

WKR
I am curious what the difference is with the frames? I see the suspension added a lumbar pad. Good upgrade IMHO. It also has been fitted with a "tacky" material... Kinda like the "Packlock" material on my Timberline...

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am curious what the difference is with the frames? I see the suspension added a lumbar pad. Good upgrade IMHO. It also has been fitted with a "tacky" material... Kinda like the "Packlock" material on my Timberline...
+1, but I'd also be real interested in how tough the frame itself is. I'd like see some videos of folks lifting it up with heavy loads on it from various angles and perhaps a few drop tests... Rumors on the durability of the old frame is what pushed me to my yet to arrive Kifaru DT...

Chesapeake

Lil-Rokslider
I like the changes, but not sure what to think of the shoulder straps being velcro'ed on. Wonder how the velcro is attached to the frame, how long the stuff will last, and how well it will hold when trying to lift a 100# load up on your back with 1 shoulder strap. First the slip channels, and now velcro. Whats wrong with just bolting the things on? Drill several holes for some adjustment and bolt each strap on with 2 titanium or aluminum pan head bolts.

Thinking I'll probably hold tight for another year and see how things pan out.

trevore

Lil-Rokslider
I'm not concerned about the velcro. Badlands uses velcro on the waist belt on the Ox for attachment. It doesn't budge. I'm more curious about the stiffness of the "stays" on the new frame.

slim9300

WKR
I like the changes, but not sure what to think of the shoulder straps being velcro'ed on. Wonder how the velcro is attached to the frame, how long the stuff will last, and how well it will hold when trying to lift a 100# load up on your back with 1 shoulder strap. First the slip channels, and now velcro. Whats wrong with just bolting the things on? Drill several holes for some adjustment and bolt each strap on with 2 titanium or aluminum pan head bolts.

Thinking I'll probably hold tight for another year and see how things pan out.

I thought the same thing but I was happy to see the changes. Someday I may buy another Kuiu pack. I wonder what they will weigh. I didn't see that listed. Last year was a debacle when it comes to weight. I am still a little bitter about that. Lol.