New Kifaru Megatarp

I don't understand the problem with bugs or getting water inside. I have never used a tent with a floor. I have used a tarp of some kind for the last ten years from April to December! I have hunting partners that have tents with floors and I will say once they get water inside, it's a whole lot harder to get it dry than it is in a floor less shelter. Bugs can get into any tent. Your in the woods MAN UP!

Ha well not everyone has been tabbed and has spent too much time in grudgy conditions to really care anymore... :p

Mike

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
Mike, That could be true! Kind of like a pig in filth right. I had a friend of a friend go hunting with us a few years back. He was so worried about getting his pack dirty. I couldn't take it anymore. I gave him so much sh@#, he never came back:)

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
DSC01518.jpg

DSC01520.jpg

DSC01522.jpg

DSC01525.jpg

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
It got hotter than hell at 12,500 feet, so we decided to pitch it flat for air flow (Adam T in photo)

DSC01528.jpg

DSC01531.jpg

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
I should just change my direct deposit for my paychecks from B of A to Kifaru International.......Thanks Aron.

stephen b

WKR
Aron,

Looks like you guys had the Leki Corklite Aergon Trekking Poles. How did you guys like those?

Those are the ones I ended up buying a few weeks ago for my first set of trekking poles. To me they had the most comfortable grip and feel of all I tried in REI. Have not had a chance as of yet to put them through the paces.

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
They are the best all around trekking pole that I've tested so far.

The Mega went through some decent wind and the poles didn't bend or collapse/compress.

stephen b

WKR
They are the best all around trekking pole that I've tested so far.

The Mega went through some decent wind and the poles didn't bend or collapse/compress.

Thanks for the response back. Good to hear your feedback.

I only bought them because they were the ones that felt best and fit my hands me the best, and the sales fella at REI here in town, who has a long history backpacking and using trekking poles said they were a pretty good set.

When I saw the same poles in your pics- that was another confirmation to me that they must be pretty decent. I am new to using trek poles- but am looking forward to using them.

cmeier117

WKR
I just can't get over how lightweight the material is that is used in these things! I have been playing with the Supertarp for a few days and just love the size and design. I can only imagine the megatarp being nice with 2 guys but the supertarp is plenty especially if you are not running the stove. which I am not running it as of now. Great job Kifaru!!

Is it possible to pitch the Megatarp and Supertarp with trekking poles shorter than 52" and just deal with a lower ceiling, or is this length absolutely essential in pitching the shelter correctly? I'm wondering if my new 120cm (about 47") Z-poles would cut it or if I would need something a little longer.