New Digiscoping Option—MagView **Review Added 8/3/22**

Jotis

WKR
When you take a photo with the app where does it go? I can’t find them, they don’t show up in my photo gallery

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Working on my iPhone 14 as of a few minutes ago.

do you suspect the app or the phone? Heard a few things about the 15s not ready for prime time.

Here is their phone 608 855 5700 or hit their contact form at https://magviewgear.com/support/

let us know if you get it resolved.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Do all the photos have that hazy, smoky look to them ?
No! Only if I don’t get my alignment right.

You should be able to get crystal clear.

Haze is either too much light coming in through objective, or light sneaking in around camera/lens interface. I’ve taken hundreds of images and am not having that issue.

Darrindlh

FNG
Working on my iPhone 14 as of a few minutes ago.

do you suspect the app or the phone? Heard a few things about the 15s not ready for prime time.

Here is their phone 608 855 5700 or hit their contact form at https://magviewgear.com/support/

let us know if you get it resolved.
Im not sure, I guess it could be either. It crashes when I select “ Start Capture”. It sucks, I'm an outfitter and use digiscoping to help with follow up shots and video game. I have nothing right now!!🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️Stupid me never should have changed!
I emailed them and I'm waiting for their reply. Ill keep you posted.

Darrin

pirogue

WKR
Magview says they should have the glitch for the IPhone 15 fixed this week. We’ll see.

jstraus34

FNG
Bought it to use on my elk hunt. I had tested it at the range and was always pour alignment which created a haze view at the top of the scope image. I think it had something to do with the ridge on the plastic case but can't confirm. During the hunt, it was essentially worthless, using an IPhone 15 pro max.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Im not sure, I guess it could be either. It crashes when I select “ Start Capture”. It sucks, I'm an outfitter and use digiscoping to help with follow up shots and video game. I have nothing right now!!🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️Stupid me never should have changed!
I emailed them and I'm waiting for their reply. Ill keep you posted.

Darrin
If they don't answer within a few hours, hit me in a PM with your email address and I'll see if I can move it to the top of their inbox. Time's a wasting, only so many days left in a season. Sorry you're having issues.

jstraus34

FNG
If they don't answer within a few hours, hit me in a PM with your email address and I'll see if I can move it to the top of their inbox. Time's a wasting, only so many days left in a season. Sorry you're having issues.
Has to be super frustrating for you guys that need this every day in the field. Curious to hear what they have to say. Thanks RD!

Darrindlh

FNG
Rob, recieved this from Mag View this morning.

Good morning Darrin,

Currently our app is not compatible with the new iPhone IOS. We are working with our app developers to get the app updated and compatible with new IOS software. We are working as fast as we can to get this available! As of right now it may be another week before the app is updated.

In the meantime, you may just need to use the default camera app to use our adapters. We are very sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. Let us know if we can help in any way!

CUSTOMER SUPPORT
Tech and Sales Support
FIND US ON THE WEB
Magview65.png

I guess I wait with crossed fingers!

Darrin

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Rob, recieved this from Mag View this morning.

Good morning Darrin,

Currently our app is not compatible with the new iPhone IOS. We are working with our app developers to get the app updated and compatible with new IOS software. We are working as fast as we can to get this available! As of right now it may be another week before the app is updated.

In the meantime, you may just need to use the default camera app to use our adapters. We are very sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. Let us know if we can help in any way!

CUSTOMER SUPPORT
Tech and Sales Support
FIND US ON THE WEB
Magview65.png

I guess I wait with crossed fingers!

Darrin
OK Darrin, thanks for the update.

To their point, I use the default camera app in my iPhone 14 way more than I do their MV app.

I used the MV a lot at the beginning, but over time I began just slapping the phone on the optic and not opening their app.

Their app has more features (like more zoom, easier to find the portrait/landscape lock button, the grid lines) but just found I wasn’t taking the time to open it and for what I need, the camera was working fine.

Give that a shot in the meantime.

I still sent them an email to let them know some Roksliders were having some issues.

Darrindlh

FNG
OK Darrin, thanks for the update.

To their point, I use the default camera app in my iPhone 14 way more than I do their MV app.

I used the MV a lot at the beginning, but over time I began just slapping the phone on the optic and not opening their app.

Their app has more features (like more zoom, easier to find the portrait/landscape lock button, the grid lines) but just found I wasn’t taking the time to open it and for what I need, the camera was working fine.

Give that a shot in the meantime.

I still sent them an email to let them know some Roksliders were having some issues.
Robby,
Thank you for the advice. I will give that a try !
Darrin

@robby denning are you having issues with the magview coming loose from the ocular lens? It came loose on me on a hunt, got home and cranked it down tighter. Then at the range it came loose again. I had the correct spacers in there, but after it came loose the second time I lost one...

Do I need to blue loctite the set screw or something?

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
@robby denning are you having issues with the magview coming loose from the ocular lens? It came loose on me on a hunt, got home and cranked it down tighter. Then at the range it came loose again. I had the correct spacers in there, but after it came loose the second time I lost one...

Do I need to blue loctite the set screw or something?
No brother. I’ve had it on the SwarovskiATS 25 to 50, 20 to 60, the ATC 17 to 40 and the BTX.

I found I had to mix-and-match spacers to get the right fitment, but everything has fit and never fallen off (going on 2 seasons of use and too many days to count).

The only problem I had was on the BTX… I overtightened the Allen head And blew through the bottom of the screw hole and they had to warrantee it.

They told me that it was designed to blow through the bottom of the screw hole rather than overtighten and crush an ocular lens/ring. Which made sense.

So since then, I’ve been more careful about getting the right spacers in. And haven’t had a problem. I have extra spacers here if I can send you any I just need to know which ones you need.

Smtn10pt

FNG
Is there a trick to get the phone to hold in landscape orientation? I was playing around with a magview on my spotter and it wanted to slide around and not hold in landscape. I got some good pics and video but all with the vertical orientation.