NEW Bushnell 1 Mile ARC Fusion RF Binos

Whisky

WKR
Since learning the bad news about Leica's angle comp, I recently stumbled across these. Now I know glass is probably nowhere near the big three, but the experiences I've had with Bushy's LRF have been great. Their new Elite ARC 1600 hangs with the Zeiss PRF no problem, as far as ranging capablities goes. And for me personally, I don't need high end binos as I use the spotter much much more. I'd like to get some hands on with these and see if the glass is "good enough".

This unit is obviously much more affordable than the others. And, it has been designed with bow and rifle hunters in mind. :D

http://www.gunsandammo.com/2013/01/16/introducing-the-bushnell-fusion-1-mile-arc-laser-rangefinder/

http://www.outdoorhub.com/news/bushnells-new-fusion-1-mile-laser-rangefinderbinoculars/

If anybody at SHOT has came across this, please check these out and report back on what you think.

Thanks!!!

Since learning the bad news about Leica's angle comp, I recently stumbled across these. Now I know glass is probably nowhere near the big three, but the experiences I've had with Bushy's LRF have been great. Their new Elite ARC 1600 hangs with the Zeiss PRF no problem, as far as ranging capablities goes. And for me personally, I don't need high end binos as I use the spotter much much more. I'd like to get some hands on with these and see if the glass is "good enough".

This unit is obviously much more affordable than the others. And, it has been designed with bow and rifle hunters in mind. :D

http://www.gunsandammo.com/2013/01/16/introducing-the-bushnell-fusion-1-mile-arc-laser-rangefinder/

http://www.outdoorhub.com/news/bushnells-new-fusion-1-mile-laser-rangefinderbinoculars/

If anybody at SHOT has came across this, please check these out and report back on what you think.

Thanks!!!

I can't vouch for them but I know some guys who really liked the fusion1600 binos from 2011/2012? I'm sure these are solid for ranging capabilities but I'd like to compare them with the vortex viper HD to see how they stack up optically.

Mike

OP
Whisky

Whisky

WKR
I know there were a lot of complaints about the blue tint to the glass in the old ones. I hope somebody from SHOT can get some hands on and report back to us. At this point I'm actually willing to sacrifice glass quality for convenience, so long as it functions like I need it do, and assuming the glass is not absolutely horrible (ie "good enough").

I will have a pair this week. I too have Leica tastes, but Bushnell budget so i found them on sale $789 shipped. I will gladly give you my opinion after I get a chance to use them.

Are you referring to the Bushnell Fusion 1600's or these new Bushnell Fusion 1 Mile's? Pretty sure the article said they wouldn't be available until Feb 2013??

Mike

Duk Dog

Lil-Rokslider
Blue tint appears to be gone, and the outer appearance of the bino body looks better too. The price is certainly right too, as not everyone has the budget for some of the more expensive LRF bino models on the market. IMO they are a good bang for the buck.

cmeier117

WKR
I had the older model all of 2012 and the 1600's I had ranged out to 1800 yards all day long. I actually really liked them, they had all the negatives of a RF bino combo, heavy, optical quality was not as good (blue tint) etc.. But I really like them. For the money I think they are a good buy, so I am sure the newer ones will be too.

OP
Whisky

Whisky

WKR
zuzany2y.jpg

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Whisky,
We need a full review! What do they weigh?
I used to have a Bushnell RF1000 and that thing ranged much better than my Leupold RX1000 that I have now.

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
Whisky,
We need a full review! What do they weigh?
I used to have a Bushnell RF1000 and that thing ranged much better than my Leupold RX1000 that I have now.

Yeah, ditto on the review--I'd like to hear what ya think.

Randy

OP
Whisky

Whisky

WKR
Ok, I'm no expert reviewer nor an expert on glass, but I have spent some time with these under a few different conditions and will post up what I currently think of them.

Weight is 32.7 oz with supplied Butler Creek obj covers on.

Glass - the glass is about what I expected. It's more than good enough, for me. I don't do a whole lot of glassing with my binos for extended periods of time. I spend much more time behind the spotter. A couple nights ago I sat on a hill right at sunset and for some time after. The glass at that time was very crisp and clear. I was on the edge of town and there were quite a few things to range and look at. In that area there wasn't a huge pile of snow so most things were brown. Under those conditions I immediately thought they were better than Nikon Monarch and Vortex Talon HD glass, probably similar to Viper glass, but it's been awhile since I've handled Viper binos.

Today I was out of town a ways and was in an area with a lot more snow. The sun was bright, blue skies. In the snow I started to notice that dreaded blue tint the old ones were so famous for. But it wasn't bad at all, just a slight blue tint to them. I'd then look across to the west facing hills with no snow, and I wouldn't notice any blue tint at all. Also, heat waves were abundant this afternoon and that would be another reason the glass didn't look as crisp as Thursday night. But it's very usable, Id still rate it with or slightly better than Monarch and Talon HD glass. If you're expecting Swaro quality glass, you would be disappointed. I knew what the glass was going to be like going into it.

Display - The display has been GREATLY improved. I personally have had no issues reading the display. Obviously mid day with a white background the display won't be as easy to read as a brown background, or low light conditions. But that is the case with EVERY LRF. Also, the Bushnell Elite ARC 1600 RFs in low light situations will get washed out by the bright display. The entire display lights up. NOT the case at all with these 1 mile Fusions. They definitely improved the display

RF performance - BY FAR, the best performing rangefinder I've had, compared to Zeiss PRF, Leica CRF 1200 and Bushnell Elite ARC 1600....The laser in these things flat out performs. When I was sitting in the pickup Thursday there wasn't hardly anything I couldn't range out to 1820 yds with a solid rest. From houses, to single evergreens, hills with ground showing, etc. Snow covered hills were a little harder to pick up, but out to 1200-1400, it wasn't a problem right around sunset.

This afternoon were different conditions, as Iv'e already stated. I was out hiking around simulating hunting conditions. The best I was able to do today, while in the field, was 1200 yds, on a brown hill. I did pick up a deer at 1170, ranged from my knees, off hand. no other RF I mentioned can do that under similar conditions. Like I said, the sun was big and bright, heat waves, and lots of snow yet. Under 1000yds today, nothing was a problem to range, including snow covered hills. Once I got back to the pickup I cracked the window and rested them on a rest. I was then able to range stuff all the way out to a big building at 1816 yds. Snow covered hills were still more difficult beyond 1000, but trees and other darker landmarks were not......Awesome RF!!!!

Angle mode was briefly tested and worked just fine. Never tested brush mode yet. All in all I'm very happy with them so far. Will cover me from bow hunting, to rifle hunting, and certainly LR shooting at rocks and steel. I was anxious to see how I'd like having a bow in one hand, and quickly bringing up a set of binos in the other to range stuff. No issues with it whatsoever, quick and easy. The combo unit will be extremely convenient for bow hunting.

Solitude

WKR
Thanks Whisky,

Great honest review. For the price point these appear to be a solid option.

I have always loved the RF Bino combo, especially after leaving my RF on the mountain last year. The combo just seems to simplify everything and I am a big fan of less items strapped to my hips/pack the better. For a bowhunter, the only downside I see is possibly having a 10x RF when in close, which has me thinking about a new 8x combo unit.

Thanks again.