New 300wsm - Christensen/Fierce/Tikka decision

OP
Crotalus

Crotalus

Lil-Rokslider
I bet you buy a fierce.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

The odds are starting to get stacked against the Fierce. Still really like it, but the Browning X-bolts are growing on me. I wouldn't mind the Hell's Canyon Smoke, but have had zero luck finding any online. Probably going to get the Western Hunter. Ill keep looking for a Smoke for a month or two before buying the Western Hunter.

I'd like to start reloading so from a practical standpoint I can get the x-bolt and scope for what the Fierce would cost then put the difference into reloading equipment.

I was in your boat. Had my heart set on a Ridgeline until I handled several. Would have bought a Tikka SL in 300 wm if it weren't for the mag length and twist rate they use. Ended up with an X bolt hells canyon speed. With an SWFA SS on sale and all the reloading components I was still well under the cost of a Ridgeline

The odds are starting to get stacked against the Fierce. Still really like it, but the Browning X-bolts are growing on me. I wouldn't mind the Hell's Canyon Smoke, but have had zero luck finding any online. Probably going to get the Western Hunter. Ill keep looking for a Smoke for a month or two before buying the Western Hunter.

I'd like to start reloading so from a practical standpoint I can get the x-bolt and scope for what the Fierce would cost then put the difference into reloading equipment.
Absolutely nothing wrong with the xbolts. I load for a 7mm08, 6.5 creedmoor, and have the xbolt pro in 6.5 creedmoor on the way.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

OP
Crotalus

Crotalus

Lil-Rokslider
Absolutely nothing wrong with the xbolts. I load for a 7mm08, 6.5 creedmoor, and have the xbolt pro in 6.5 creedmoor on the way.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Yeah, you and my brother-in-law helped steer me towards the Brownings. Now if someone could help me locate a Smoke in .300 WSM.

OP
Crotalus

Crotalus

Lil-Rokslider
It is done, had to end the madness. Placed a deposit on the Western Hunter.

16Bore

WKR
That's one of the beauties of Tikka-toys, you can kind swap all kinds of stuff. I'd bet you could grab a mag try it and trip it for just a few bucks. I modified a 6 round 223 mag to feed long 75's and it's a peach. Point being they make stuff easy to monkey with.

That's one of the beauties of Tikka-toys, you can kind swap all kinds of stuff. I'd bet you could grab a mag try it and trip it for just a few bucks. I modified a 6 round 223 mag to feed long 75's and it's a peach. Point being they make stuff easy to monkey with.

I don't own a tikka, my interest is in a custom build throated for 215s.

16Bore

WKR
Roger that. No more custom nada for this fella. Elmer Fudd is my hero.

Bak222

FNG
It's really not very fair to openly "judge" the recoil of the T3 if you haven't made the "$35 unscrew then screw on upgrade" - It's simple, inexpensive and completely changes the nature of shooting one
What is this upgrade you speak of? Did I miss it in a previous post?