NeoAir Xlite VS> Xtherm

HUNT JR

WKR
Looking at these two pads, the weight difference is negligible, but what I am really looking at from you guys is for those who have ran both, is there a noticeable warmth difference?

I may backpack into November with it with a hot tent, is the xtherm going to be the way to go?

Reactions: PVS
I have an older neo air. Very noisy. Crinkles. Enough that may camp mates notice from 10 feet away. I prefer my xtherm more but moved onto a sea to summit pad

I have both, xlite for early season and x therm for late. There isn’t a wrong answer. If I could only have one, I’d go xlite. Whatever you do go wide. Even if you aren’t a big guy, that extra width is nice.

xtherm is a damn nice pad. Got it because of the higher R value compared to my Nemo tensor insulated. But I would sacrifice the Lil R value and gain it in comfort going with the Nemo.

stephane110

Lil-Rokslider
I don’t have experience with both, as I only have the xtherm. But I did a bunch of research when deciding to get it, and I figure it’s the perfect “do everything” pad. Tough to find one with a higher R value, fairly comfortable, pretty lightweight, AND it has 70D bottom fabric so I feel a little more confident that I wont poke a hole in it. A lot of the other ones I was considering like the xlite and the tensor only have 20D bottom fabric.
I’ve used my xtherm around 30 nights and love it.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I tried the X-lite and didn't like it. It was loud, but also wasn't very warm at all. I got cold on it in July in the high country with a 0 degree quilt. Then got the Xtherm, haven't had any issues since.

mlgc20

WKR
I have both. Yes, there is a difference in warmth. Both are great. But, the Xtherm is a true 4 season pad. Never had any issue using the Xlite for its intended 3 season use. But, I wouldn't take it throw it down on the snow in single digit weather like I have the Xtherm.

PVS

FNG
My Xlite starts feeling cool around the low 30's. That is fully inflated in a bridge hammock. I have been interested in the Xtherms, but have not tried one yet.

TristanJH

Lil-Rokslider
There is definitely a perceptible difference in the R-value - Enough that I dislike using the x-therm in the summer and strongly prefer the x-therm in later seasons, specifically when there is any chance that overnight lows dip below 30F.

If you're a little feller like me, the X-lite Women's has a higher R-value than the regular X-lite, and is still pretty light.