Need a Thick, Warm, Windproof Hoody with Kangaroo Pocket- recommendations?

jolemons

WKR
I'm trying out the Arborwear Double thick technical hoodie. I like it, except the hood is cut for a hard hat, so it's a little big.

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

Jimss

WKR
Not always bulky leads to warmth. A lot of the Kuiu hoodies are an example of super light and less bulky still having warmth. My preference would be to have several layers rather than just one bulky layer. You can strip and add different layer options but only have either super hot or nothing with a bulky layer.

I would also mention that vests are another great layer. I sometimes use a vest that has a kangaroo pouch!

If you want "bulky" there are a number of puffy (down) jackets that may flip the bill? They are likely less weight and bulk than some heavier weight jackets. Some down puffies also can be put in a pouch that is a lot less bulky for packing.

remnnate

FNG
The Kuiu Peloton 240 isn't quite a true kangaroo pocket, but the design of them is similar. It does great with the wind.

OP
bozeman

bozeman

WKR
I've looked at the Banded Gear as this would be used for waterfowl hunting (should have included info in original post). Dry field and in a blind/pit for ducks.