Need a reamer, I have the drawings. CIP 5,6x57 Who is a good person to make it?

Mojave

WKR
CIP reamer for the 5,6x57. I would be fine with a 224 TTHA but I have the brass and dies already for the 5,6x57.

Manson. I've worked with Ray, who works there, on a remar and he's an incredibly helpful guy. Never fails to respond to questions through email. I can't imagine better customer service than he's given me.

I haven't got a jgs reamer, but hear they are top notch also.

That’s a very difficult cartridge to work with, think carefully before you throw a lot of money at it, the very thick neck, and shoulder angle tends to give trouble

gbflyer

WKR
Manson. I've worked with Ray, who works there, on a remar and he's an incredibly helpful guy. Never fails to respond to questions through email. I can't imagine better customer service than he's given me.

I haven't got a jgs reamer, but hear they are top notch also.

Ray has called me on Sunday even. He really is a solid guy.

OP
Mojave

Mojave

WKR
That’s a very difficult cartridge to work with, think carefully before you throw a lot of money at it, the very thick neck, and shoulder angle tends to give trouble
I already work with it. In an old Steyr.

It spits fire, lightning. Barrel is ok.

Came with a lot of components so I did it.

The neck sucks is super thick, but it is what it is.

Have a lifetime of stuff for it. So why not.

OP
Mojave

Mojave

WKR
Going to build a 2nd gun when I get back, but I am going to use the same CIP chamber.

I might build a 224 TTHA when I get back to see if that is worth the squeeze.

Kimmo H

FNG
Manson is top notch. Their reamers always cut nice and smooth and are not prone to vibration, even when razor sharp new.

Lead times are sometimes a bit long, but the reamers are really good.

Haven't used JGS myself so I can't comment on their performance, but a lot of great smiths use their reamers aswell.