Nalgene pocket options, what, how and where

pm07

FNG
I am wanting to add 2 Nalgene bottle pouches to my ZXR. These would be re-fill/clean containers for filtration etc,along with my Grayl and Saywer mini. . I have a hydration bladder in the pack that will be my primary on the move water.
Id like some thought from others on mounting options. I was going to mount one on each side but then I saw a dude today with h2o holders mounted on the pack belt. I prefer the weight kind of high centered with minimal stuff around my waist. Curious as to what folks are doing.

tony

WKR
ZXR Kifaru right?

MOLLE/PALS on the belt?
These will hold a 1l bottle:
They have various sizes, are handy as hell, roll up to nothing. Just need malice clips or the "tac tie" they sell. I have and use both, and they both work.
That buy 1, get 1 is not bad. Maxpedition is good quality as well, along with king of the "EDC" bag market.
You can get them on amazon, ebay, pretty much any tactical store.

OP
pm07

pm07

FNG
ZXR Kifaru right?

MOLLE/PALS on the belt?
These will hold a 1l bottle:
They have various sizes, are handy as hell, roll up to nothing. Just need malice clips or the "tac tie" they sell. I have and use both, and they both work.
That buy 1, get 1 is not bad. Maxpedition is good quality as well, along with king of the "EDC" bag market.
You can get them on amazon, ebay, pretty much any tactical store.
I actually use those. I have one on my HPG kit bag and another one a duty belt.

I use three different backpacks and the two one-quart water bottles pocket is already sewn into those packs. I haven't had reason to carry more than two quarts of liquid while hunting, so never had the need to instal aftermarket water bottle pockets.

Randle

WKR
I just picked up an Exo mountain K4 water bottle holder. It holds its shape so its easy to put the bottle away
Added it to my Pop up frame

I have an older Kifaru DT2 and I just slide mine down into the side pocket. I also started using a Hardside Hydration kit with it and it’s been a game changer! No more leaky water bladders for me

Scrap the Nalgene, couple smart water bottles weigh nothing!
I use plastic soda bottles. Same idea, light weight but wider variety of sizes depending on my hike.
I like the big 2-liter plastic bottles that I can grab and drink from while driving the boat.
For upland bird hunting, I take an extra for the dog.

tony

WKR
Tested the FHF holder on the Exo K4 last night and it’s a winner. Adjusts to any bottle size.
Hook a brother up!
I looked at FHF and all the shops in the banner and can't find the bottle holder.

ChrisAU

WKR
Hook a brother up!
I looked at FHF and all the shops in the banner and can't find the bottle holder.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nice thing about the fhf holder is you can adjust how high the bottle sits. Hate when my arm rubs the top of the nalgene when using trekking poles.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

ChrisAU

WKR
Nice thing about the fhf holder is you can adjust how high the bottle sits. Hate when my arm rubs the top of the nalgene when using trekking poles.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
Indeed. It was wild how intuitive is was to use with a smart water bottle on the K4 where you can’t see it. Very easy to slide the bottle in and then pull the bungee over the top. Can’t tell you how many times I dumped my bottle out of a Kifaru pouch last fall crossing fences in Wyoming. Zero chance of that happening with the FHF.

tony

WKR
I swear I looked all over their page and couldn't that thing! :D

Looks familiar

Tested the FHF holder on the Exo K4 last night and it’s a winner. Adjusts to any bottle size.

Chris. Will this work with the K3? I can get acrobatic enough to get my bottle out but trying to put it back in I feel like Randy from Christmas story wearing all those coats trying to put his arms down. It gets old having a partner put it back in the stretchy side pocket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk