Mystery Ranch x Dior Collab...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loo.wii

WKR
If that’s the lens you wanna look at it though then have at it. Just shows there are snow flakes on the right as well as the left looking to get their panties in bunch over the outrage of day topic.
you getting all up in arms over a bunch of tac a cool chads sporting china made military copies of traditional military packs, most MR copies?
I don’t think repin the brand a Montana thing so I won’t say your insecurities come from the state you happen to live in, after all that’s pretty hollow retort used mostly by lackwits.
Some of the people here are pearl clutchers

OP
ianpadron

ianpadron

WKR
If that’s the lens you wanna look at it though then have at it. Just shows there are snow flakes on the right as well as the left looking to get their panties in bunch over the outrage of day topic.
you getting all up in arms over a bunch of tac a cool chads sporting china made military copies of traditional military packs, most MR copies?
I don’t think repin the brand is just Montana thing so I won’t say your insecurities come from the state you happen to live in, after all that’s pretty hollow retort used mostly by lackwits.
No one is outraged. Talk about hyperbole. Are we calling for the cancellation of Mystery Ranch? Am I hosting a pack burning party? Or are we commenting on this bizarre/hilarious business move?

Seems like your position is the minority on this thread, which of course isn't surprising. Cool thing is that I can sell my MR gear, add another SG to the mix, and be done with it. If that makes me a snowflake (talk about hollow retort used by lackwits) so be it. Thanks for the laugh.

Hnthrdr

WKR
Super weird, not selling my packs that I bought 9/4 years ago respectively, but will look for a new manufacturer in the future. Just like I’m not selling my SO tent and stove I got in 16’, just done shopping with them.

I packed out a deer in my Pintler this fall, I bought it because the Tri-Zip design is badass and the internal organization is great.

Hauling meat it doesn't hold a candle to my SG or Seek Outside though, and now that they're collaborating with one of the most hedonistic brands on Earth, I'll gladly sell it and be done with MR for good.

First straw was off-shoring their hunt line, now $4k pack lol...just flat out stupid
To be fair, it’s more of a purse than a pack

Trial153

WKR
No one is outraged. Talk about hyperbole. Are we calling for the cancellation of Mystery Ranch? Am I hosting a pack burning party? Or are we commenting on this bizarre/hilarious business move?

Seems like your position is the minority on this thread, which of course isn't surprising. Cool thing is that I can sell my MR gear, add another SG to the mix, and be done with it. If that makes me a snowflake (talk about hollow retort used by lackwits) so be it. Thanks for the laugh.

Outrage, might not be the right word for you .
Stupidity might be a more apt description .
You’re going to sell your pack at a loss because the manufacturer made another pack that makes you feel uncomfortable .
If that’s not stupidity, I don’t know what it is

Trial153

WKR
This week alone seek outside, Kifaru and mystery ranch all gave you reasons to be outraged and sell your gear. And to think it’s only Friday we have a whole night and day to come up with a few more companies to be pissed off at!

This week alone seek outside, Kifaru and mystery ranch all gave you reasons to be outraged and sell your gear. And to think it’s only Friday we have a whole night and day to come up with a few more companies to be pissed off at!
I don’t think repin the brand is just Montana thing so I won’t say your insecurities come from the state you happen to live in, after all that’s pretty hollow retort used mostly by lackwits.
Spoken like a true NY Liberal. Thanks for strengthening the stereotype.

Trial153

WKR
I keep seeing the word hedonistic being tossed out there. Like somebody paying four grand for a bag is the incarnation of evil and excess.

Then tell me what’s a 4k rifle when you get one for 500 bucks that’s just fine? Do I really need a 75k truck to go hunting ? Why do I have 20k in optics? What kind of hedonistic asshole has four new bow set ups?
What about the dude with the 80 k truck, 60 K camper and 30k side buy side? Does he get a pass on being hedonistic because he wearing 511 pants? Or he just good dude because you approve his dress code and he is on your “team”. All this is more tribalistic bull shit.

Loo.wii

WKR
Spoken like a true NY Liberal. Thanks for strengthening the stereotype.
I keep seeing the word hedonistic being tossed out there. Like somebody paying four grand for a bag is the incarnation of evil and excess.

Then tell me what’s a 4k rifle when you get one for 500 bucks that’s just fine? Do I really need a 75k truck to go hunting ? Why do I have 20k in optics? What kind of hedonistic asshole has four new bow set ups?
What about the dude with the 80 k truck, 60 K camper and 30k side buy side? Does he get a pass on being hedonistic because he wearing 511 pants? Or he just good dude because you approve his dress code and he is on your “team”. All this is more tribalistic bull shit.
Because everything has become about tribalism. It’s not wrong if that person looks or acts like they are on your side.

Hnthrdr

WKR
If that’s the best you can distill this conversation down too then your lackwit as well.
Don’t worry, I was thinking about how hedonistic I am to have expensive hunting gear … hey man different strokes for different folks, I’m super glad there are a ton of weirdos that love living in cities, it’s bad enough with how crowded some spots are image if everyone was a big time outdoorsman, hell we would barely get to do what we love. The problems start when the weirdos start telling us what we can and cannot do IE Co bear hunting, Co wolves… then we have a problem, but if they want to dress like an idiot and pay to much for crap then let them

Trial153

WKR
Don’t worry, I was thinking about how hedonistic I am to have expensive hunting gear … hey man different strokes for different folks, I’m super glad there are a ton of weirdos that love living in cities, it’s bad enough with how crowded some spots are image if everyone was a big time outdoorsman, hell we would barely get to do what we love. The problems start when the weirdos start telling us what we can and cannot do IE Co bear hunting, Co wolves… then we have a problem, but if they want to dress like an idiot and pay to much for crap then let them

Totally agree. Live and let live.

Trial153

WKR
Can you imagine the excess that hunters would project if Joe Blow with his man purse price checked items that are advertised in “Wild Sheep Magazine “ ?

It would make Mystery Ranch and Doir ugly bags look like the a bastion of moderation.

brian_

FNG
If you want to be safe and avoid any problematic crossovers you might have a hard time. The clock is ticking on Stone Glacier and Exo... it's only a matter of time. To be truly safe you need to buy from one of the real small, really uncool companies like Nimrod Packs.

FWIW I am bothered by some of the stuff that has been talked about this week... but I only have so much outrage I can work up in a single week. This one strikes me as mostly goofy.

Status
Not open for further replies.