Mystery ranch packs on website

Dameon

WKR
Sweet, the guide light frame is now available separately. I also like the new Front daypack. I may pick one up as my new EDC bag.

machinethomas

Lil-Rokslider
Also a new bino harness. Looks like it could be good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CorbLand

WKR
I like the looks of the Front. Basically a Pintler without the frame. I may have to save and get that one sometime.

The new camo pattern is cool. I really wish they would just meet up with Sitka and start making packs in Optifade.

I really just wish I could get the bags without the frame. I already have a NICE Frame and a Metcalf. I want a Cabinet to but don't want another frame.

Frito

Lil-Rokslider
I like the looks of the Front. Basically a Pintler without the frame. I may have to save and get that one sometime.

The new camo pattern is cool. I really wish they would just meet up with Sitka and start making packs in Optifade.

I really just wish I could get the bags without the frame. I already have a NICE Frame and a Metcalf. I want a Cabinet to but don't want another frame.

There have been some limited run Optifade offerings from Mystery Ranch in the last few years. For a while I was beginning to wonder if there was an affiliation starting between the two companies, but seems like lately Mystery Ranch is very preoccupied with their military offerings. There is a lot to choose from in the other categories but I don't know how much the big man is actually involved in all that anymore.

Frito

Lil-Rokslider
I just sold my NICE Frame but if I were in the market for one of their bags and I already had a frame I would try cornering them on the phone. Kinda hard to justify paying another $300 for a frame you already have.

Frito

Lil-Rokslider
Looks like they are selling the Guide Lite frame separately. Maybe they are moving back in that direction with a new frame offering.

TheTone

WKR
Good to see the frame available separately, now the bags need to be as well. Hope they get supply issues sorted out better as well.

adamm88

WKR
I need to stop looking at rokslide at work lol this sight is distracting....

Do the cheaper line of Hunting packs have a frame/Meatshelf? Can they handle packing out meat? Looks like they added a wide variety of packs to compete on the market along with accessories.

LBFowler

WKR
I've only tried a guide lite on briefly (in a store with 50-60lbs) but it felt better then my NICE frame by a decent margin. The pure carbon frame worries me (NICE is carbon/fiberglass composite) but I feel the design is better in nearly every way. Even the new SPEAR contract they won was with a Berry compliant guide lite and not a NICE.

While I would prefer to buy US made stuff I'd have to say at this point I would probably buy a Guide Lite over a Kifaru frame if I needed a hauler, for my body type I think it was a better fit. I'll be curious to see if the SPEAR frame is sold separately or replaces the NICE at all.

Trial153

WKR
There's some opti MR floating around....a frame and longbow listed with insane prices on eBay.

Frito

Lil-Rokslider
I've only tried a guide lite on briefly (in a store with 50-60lbs) but it felt better then my NICE frame by a decent margin. The pure carbon frame worries me (NICE is carbon/fiberglass composite) but I feel the design is better in nearly every way. Even the new SPEAR contract they won was with a Berry compliant guide lite and not a NICE.

While I would prefer to buy US made stuff I'd have to say at this point I would probably buy a Guide Lite over a Kifaru frame if I needed a hauler, for my body type I think it was a better fit. I'll be curious to see if the SPEAR frame is sold separately or replaces the NICE at all.

I could most surely be wrong but I thought I just watched a video of them talking about the new Spear packs and them using an updated version of the NICE frame in them.

Gumbo

WKR
They really jumped headfirst into the hunting market, pretty surprised. I think MR quality is absolutely top of the heap in terms of construction and materials, slightly less so in comfort for me (Kifaru frames seems to fit my torso better). Looks like some good stuff, too bad I already have more than everything I need!

charvey9

WKR
I'm really looking forward to trying the bino harness. I had the opportunity to play with it at ATA along with the new packs. Its also cool that they are expanding into retail dealers so there will be a great pack option off the rack.

Based on the use of 4 MR packs over the years, safe to call me an enthusiastic MR customer. I don't adore everything they make, but what I've bought has been outstanding for my needs. Plus I've never had to order and wait on one to be built. I was lucky enough to land one of the very few Guide Light frame packs (a Pintler) that were available last year. Not exactly cheap at $475 but didn't require any extra bags, pouches, or options to be hunt-ready. I didn't even have time to break it in before my hunt, but I sure broke it in after killing a moose and packing 100% of it alone in the Pintler. No pack has ever carried better for me with heavy meat loads, and I didn't develop a single hotspot. I can't say the same for other more expensive packs I've used in the past. I really think MR got it right with the new Guide Light frame. Simple, light and very strong yet comfortable.

OP
W

W.D. Crawford

Lil-Rokslider
Based on the use of 4 MR packs over the years, safe to call me an enthusiastic MR customer. I don't adore everything they make, but what I've bought has been outstanding for my needs. Plus I've never had to order and wait on one to be built. I was lucky enough to land one of the very few Guide Light frame packs (a Pintler) that were available last year. Not exactly cheap at $475 but didn't require any extra bags, pouches, or options to be hunt-ready. I didn't even have time to break it in before my hunt, but I sure broke it in after killing a moose and packing 100% of it alone in the Pintler. No pack has ever carried better for me with heavy meat loads, and I didn't develop a single hotspot. I can't say the same for other more expensive packs I've used in the past. I really think MR got it right with the new Guide Light frame. Simple, light and very strong yet comfortable.
Which is one reason why I have a Pintler on the way! I hope it is as good to me as yours has been for you. I did notice on the new model it looks like MR put a couple of compression straps across the lid.

Which is one reason why I have a Pintler on the way! I hope it is as good to me as yours has been for you. I did notice on the new model it looks like MR put a couple of compression straps across the lid.

Not sure, but I did wonder if MR would make any late changes or additions to that pack. I guess it matters not to me as I couldn't find a single thing I would change about my pack. I simply cannot wait to (hopefully) get another moose or big animal down and use this pack for heavy hauling again.

OP
W

W.D. Crawford

Lil-Rokslider
I am looking forward to putting this pack to work! I plan on doing as many trips with this pack as I can before season starts. Maybe a backcountry fly fishing trip or two so I can get my system dialed in before September.

G

geriggs

We're u able to carry full moose quarters out in it? Was curious how it did. Thanks