Portable Wi-Fi

Kularrow

WKR
Anyone have any recommendations for portable Wi-Fi or signal booster when up in the tree all day hunting in places that don’t have service? Thanks.

cktraider

FNG
TMobile had some hand sized mobile hotspots I used but the new lease is in the middle of no where and T-Mobile has no service. So I am looking as well.

Shooter Mike

Lil-Rokslider
Look in to a Meshtastic device.

You can access the internet on the network when you connect your phone to the device.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thme24

FNG
Most of the mobile carriers will have hotspots. Verizon has jetpack. Last time I had one it was an additional fee per month but worth it.

Subs

FNG
If you’re trying to get internet access in a place with no service from any carrier, then the new starlink link is probably the way to go. I’ve been looking into it for other reasons but it’s about the size of a piece of paper and can be powered with a portable battery. If you’re looking into something for safety, Garmin has a few products that allow you to communicate via satellite.

GreyBeck

Lil-Rokslider
Starlink is it. Just a lot to carry. I have an older Iridium go and it kinda sucks. Not consistent and that’s just with calls and text. I haven’t even tried internet on.

Rich M

WKR
I actually like those days - nothing to break up the hunt.

Texting with a buddy who is hunting today. I'm not hunting.

Subs

FNG
I actually like those days - nothing to break up the hunt.

Texting with a buddy who is hunting today. I'm not hunting.
I tend to agree. The in-reach stuff from Garmin is cool for solo hunts in no service areas just for safety and I’m sure we will start to see the starlink minis showing up at remote hunting camps this season. Even the small version is too much to carry for a day sit for the sake of scrolling.

Rich M

WKR
I tend to agree. The in-reach stuff from Garmin is cool for solo hunts in no service areas just for safety and I’m sure we will start to see the starlink minis showing up at remote hunting camps this season. Even the small version is too much to carry for a day sit for the sake of scrolling.
I think Garmin just came out with a GPS that has tracking and satellite texting. Maybe check into that? I think a buddy of mine just bought one, haven't talked w him about it yet.