My girlfriend got bit by a raccoon this evening…

WRO

WKR
I’ve killed a few of them with a driver over the years, most use my golf clubs ever got.

They had distemper take off, I bet I killed 10 sick ones one year.

mi650

WKR
Design flaw in that trap then. Mine you can only torque back to lift the gate from the outside of the trap.
I don't have a good pic, but mine has steel rings that drop down and keep the door closed from the bottom. It's kind of a PIA to set, but a coon is NOT getting it open. At least not after I learned the lesson about staking it down!! My 1st catch got it flipped upside down and escaped. :ROFLMAO:

Oh, peanut butter and marshmallows for bait. Works great, but another lesson learned: Best to do it in the winter. Bears like PB & marshmallows, too. I found my trap flung about 20 yards away once.

HZalhLz.jpg

OP
cnelk

cnelk

WKR
Another double.

One in the dog proof trap (male) and one in a live trap (big female).
Not the female we want.

I’m gonna go up and scout my moose area today.

Blandry

WKR
There's a show on TV called 'I Was Prey.' In one episode, a coon attacked a woman walking her dog at daylight and nearly killed her. Happened up in BC, Canada. It really ate her up. I had no idea a raccoon could be that vicious. The doctors said there were zero cases of rabies up in BC, so she shouldn't worry. They still did the rabies vax and told her that even WITH the shots, she could still contract rabies. If you've ever watched YouTube videos of people with rabies, it's horrifying. Eventually, you can't hold any fluids down.

Z Barebow

WKR
Sorry to hear about your GF Brad.

Your northern MN backwoods skills will "solve" this problem. (Unfortunately there may be several one way tickets issued before the operation is complete)

CorbLand

WKR
I don't have a good pic, but mine has steel rings that drop down and keep the door closed from the bottom. It's kind of a PIA to set, but a coon is NOT getting it open. At least not after I learned the lesson about staking it down!! My 1st catch got it flipped upside down and escaped. :ROFLMAO:

Oh, peanut butter and marshmallows for bait. Works great, but another lesson learned: Best to do it in the winter. Bears like PB & marshmallows, too. I found my trap flung about 20 yards away once.

HZalhLz.jpg
Looks like the same trap I used to get the ones around our house. Like you said, a pain to setup but they are sturdy.

tony

WKR
These 2 dipshits in the catch basin tonight.
Dog was going nuts. Didn’t realize they can really growl!
I knew there was a reason liked rural king

Attachments

• IMG_1795.jpeg
    IMG_1795.jpeg
    411.7 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_1796.jpeg
    IMG_1796.jpeg
    359.7 KB · Views: 40
OP
cnelk

cnelk

WKR
Caught #7 last night. Another big female but not the one we want.
She ran by while I was getting stuff ready

IMG_3459.jpeg