My gear/pack layout from base layers to binos

uglymud

FNG
Classified Approved
Awesome. That's the one I ordered this week. Looking forward to trying it out ... as a grill, not a splint! :)
Did you have any issues getting ahold of them? My email keeps getting kicked back by their server.

Bcleck90

WKR
Did you have any issues getting ahold of them? My email keeps getting kicked back by their server.
Text Don’s cell number listed on the website with all of the information he has listed. He was quick to respond and I had a PayPal invoice same day.

I ordered one for myself and a gift for my hunting partner.

Dobermann

WKR
There is a sale on today - Leap Day Special - and they are now close to 20% off.
Before anyone orders Aclima shirts from Varuste, check if the sizing chart - and, more importantly, the annotated images of 'models' with different sized shirts - are still on the Varusteleka site. They might not be, as Varusteleka seems to have stopped stocking Aclima. But they had a pic of a fairly solid 'medium' guy in a medium Aclima shirt, and it was baggy. They explicitly said he would have been better in a small.

I'm usually an all-round medium by most measurements, and the small Aclima shirt fits me well. Haven't tried a medium for comparison, but I don't think I'm as built as I remember that model to be, so if the medium was too big on him, I can imagine it being far too big on me.

Perhaps we need a new thread with all of us parading our fishnet shirts ... just so we can have an accurate size reference tool? :)

uglymud

FNG
Classified Approved
Text Don’s cell number listed on the website with all of the information he has listed. He was quick to respond and I had a PayPal invoice same day.

I ordered one for myself and a gift for my hunting partner.
Awesome I'll shoot him a text.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

fwafwow

WKR
Before anyone orders Aclima shirts from Varuste, check if the sizing chart - and, more importantly, the annotated images of 'models' with different sized shirts - are still on the Varusteleka site. They might not be, as Varusteleka seems to have stopped stocking Aclima. But they had a pic of a fairly solid 'medium' guy in a medium Aclima shirt, and it was baggy. They explicitly said he would have been better in a small.

I'm usually an all-round medium by most measurements, and the small Aclima shirt fits me well. Haven't tried a medium for comparison, but I don't think I'm as built as I remember that model to be, so if the medium was too big on him, I can imagine it being far too big on me.

Perhaps we need a new thread with all of us parading our fishnet shirts ... just so we can have an accurate size reference tool? :)
Good point. I had the same concern, searched the other Aclima threads and remember a post (made by me) in which I got a reply or two and I went with L instead of my normal XL.

EDIT - the large fit perfectly.

Last edited:
@Formidilosus do you have any issues running that spotter off that ball head? Do you use a ball head just because you shoot off the tripod? If your focus is more glassing with you use a panhead?

DWR loses its ability to shed water pretty quick once it gets dirty. They still are functional, as in not torn, but they are never able to shed water as when new. So, if I am going to put me knee down in snow and it soak through, I might as well have lighter or different pants.
I've had some success retreating with Grangers liquid spray. And I only wash with Atsko sports wash I think that helps. Never quite as good as new though.

Impressive gear list by the way - some out of the box ideas. I have some serious gear envy

OP
Formidilosus

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
@Formidilosus do you have any issues running that spotter off that ball head? Do you use a ball head just because you shoot off the tripod? If your focus is more glassing with you use a panhead?

I used to use a spotter with that head, now I use a different one with spotters- that one is for the binos. No issues with glassing with it, just use it differently than a panhead. For the spotter I use either a RRS BPC16 or, this-

Good point. I had the same concern, searched the other Aclima threads and remember a post (made by me) in which I got a reply or two and I went with L instead of my normal XL.

I’ll report back I went with my normal size might be a mistake

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drenalin

WKR
The good news is that if sizing is out a bit for some folks, we could create our own 'tried once' market here ... I'm sure they'd sell in the classifieds no problem.
You're proposing an international online men's fishnet undergarment exchange. There probably needs to be a minimum age requirement to participate, or someone will end up in prison.

Dobermann

WKR
You're proposing an international online men's fishnet undergarment exchange. There probably needs to be a minimum age requirement to participate, or someone will end up in prison.
I think we're already halfway down that rabbithole on this site. Well. some of us at least. Can't wait to see @fwafwow's selfies!

fwafwow

WKR
Hows the shipping on these? And the money conversion? Any problems ordering from another country?
The conversion - select English language and USD and the conversion is automatic. For the top and bottom my shipping was $20. No issue with buying from another country

Delta21

FNG
The conversion - select English language and USD and the conversion is automatic. For the top and bottom my shipping was $20. No issue with buying from another country
When i select the us dollars it gives me a price of 77,85. Is there something im missing? IMG_4023.png