My 2022 South Dakota Whitetail

orkan

FNG
It was an extremely tough year here. This is the only mature animal I saw the entire season and several weeks of scouting pre-season.

583yd sitting shot off the RRS tripod with my 6mm PRC Primal running 110 A-Tips. What an amazing blessing to be able to pursue him. I figured I was going to end up tagging a doe with my any deer tag this year. 11 days into the season, hundreds of deer seen, at least 150 bucks... but none that were mature other than him. Tons of deer, just everything tiny.

ZYWVYf8h.jpg

dtrkyman

WKR
That was a poke, I am a bowhunter so ranges like that are crazy to me.. My first SD. client last year killed his deer at 403 yds. Impressive, and really cool to watch through the spotter!

Congrats!

WCB

WKR
heard the same thing from a friend of mine....lots of little buck but nothing mature. He killed a nice buck on the last day of his hunt. glad I didn't put in for a tag this year.

Tex68w

WKR
Lots of young and smaller bucks on our hill country lease this year as well, the drought probably didn’t help matters. Congrats on the very nice buck.

Lytro

WKR
Similar experience myself hunting all across west river SD. The muley I took during rifle season was one of the few mature bucks I saw all year. Lots of 1.5 and 2.5 year old bucks running around.