Muzzle Break or Suppressor?

What do you have on your hunting rifle?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MikeDeltaFoxtrot

Lil-Rokslider
I have a few of rifles that came with brakes. I have never used them. I have cans on most of my hunting rigs. But the ones that don't are generally larger caliber. I don't know of a can that works on a .416 Rigby for instance. Plus it has nice irons.

Once you have hunted suppressed, you really don't want to hunt any other way.

mthayr

WKR
I wonder how many who vote for brakes (myself included) would be suppressors but live in a state that doesn't permit them...

TaperPin

WKR
I have one brake just to show someone who’s curious how loud they are. Lol

tibo

FNG
Been using the A-tec H2 with the break module. Was sceptical but it does work compared to without the break module. It probably reduce the remaining recoil by a third. Not as much as a proper break though.IMG_7071.jpeg

Jeff4x

FNG
Suppressed, or simply nothing a brake is brutal on the ears even just one shot.

ddowning

Lil-Rokslider
For winning comps, double up on ear pro and get ready for headaches. For hunting, small caliber with heavy match bullets and suppressor.

ChrisAU

WKR
Been using the A-tec H2 with the break module. Was sceptical but it does work compared to without the break module. It probably reduce the remaining recoil by a third. Not as much as a proper break though.View attachment 673726

Same for the SilencerCo Anchor Brake on the Omega 300. Noticeable difference in ability to spot hits on my 6.5 PRC competition rifle.

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
Is this a joke poll? I mean short of those people in commiefornia and kingdom of trudeau.

Brakes are as bad as those jerks that show up to the duck blind with ported chokes.

ElPollo

WKR
For winning comps, double up on ear pro and get ready for headaches. For hunting, small caliber with heavy match bullets and suppressor.
This is why I hate brakes. Double ear pro and my ears still ring and head hurts. Not worth it.

tibo

FNG
Same for the SilencerCo Anchor Brake on the Omega 300. Noticeable difference in ability to spot hits on my 6.5 PRC competition rifle.
Really nice, never heard of it. Lighter weight than the H2 and most likely more durable. The H2 is aluminium, the baffles do show erosion quite quickly

Whisky

WKR
After carrying a suppressed rifle with a 24" barrel in some less than favorable terrain, my last build was a 30 cal mag with a brake, with the idea I would not use a suppressor on this specific rifle. I once had to fire one shot without hearing protection... Live and learn. No more brakes for me.