Muzzle brake with silencer

I am expecting to get my banish backcountry suppressor for my 7prc within the month. I’m wondering for those running suppressor, are any of you running the brake adapter with it as well to help reduce recoil even more ? Sorry if these are dumb questions, but does it affect the noise reduction? Does it actually help reduce the recoil as advertised ? Thanks.

Macht

FNG
A brake adapter will not noticeably reduce recoil beyond what the can itself provides. Depending on the design of the brake and the blast chamber it may act as a sacrificial baffle and help mitigate erosion. There is potential for the muzzle device to affect suppression level, see the Pew Science testing of the Surefire RC2 for an example.

axeforce6

WKR
Short answer is no. I’ve shot several different rifle calibers through several different suppressors. I use to direct thread every can I own until I notice they all come loose. So I switch to a break and locking system on my suppressor for a consistently tight suppressor. I noticed zero change in recoil. The suppressor does aide in recoil reduction but not as well as what a good brake will do.

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
The brake doesn’t really change recoil much.

But, it helps protect the blast baffle from magnums.

I run a touch of blue loctite and use a strap wrench to keep my suppressor direct threaded when hunting.

At the range, I just hand tight and am careful to watch it between groups. I am usually swapping it around at the range so it’s no big deal.

I have a steel suppressor for my AR and run the QD. It’s way easier, but the extra weight stays home on hunts.

My thunderbeast is direct thread and I like it that way. My YHM nitro is mostly QD but I do have a direct thread mount I will occasionally use.