Mule Deer success thread.

ceng

Lil-Rokslider
Here's a Cali buck I got a pick of last year. You can find em during the rut but not nearly as much during the season there are a few good ones though he's not bad for a state that doesn't manage game worth a darn.
aha5y8y9.jpg
2yhameva.jpg
epyga6yq.jpg
uqa3u3uj.jpg

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
Enough of the Montana deer, here's a couple from good ole Idaho. Both taken in October with a 300 win mag and a 215 berger. Big guy was taken at 475 yards and the smaller guy was taken at 762 yards.

Randy

Attachments

• hunting 2013 011.jpg
    hunting 2013 011.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 307
  • hunting 2013 019.jpg
    hunting 2013 019.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 280
  • salmon hunting trip 029.jpg
    salmon hunting trip 029.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 279
  • salmon hunting trip 038.jpg
    salmon hunting trip 038.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 242
  • salmon hunting trip 039.jpg
    salmon hunting trip 039.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 240
Keepin it real (with a 500 yard shot to boot). Montana does have some small deer, despite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary on this thread.
qWVCDpW.jpg

This buck was a last day buck in my best spot. I'm not a big fan of shooting small bucks and I put in a lot of hard days looking for the big guys that frequent the area (and yes, there are some massive bucks in this spot). But it was not to be, and there were enough small bucks around that I'm not hurting the herd by removing one. Besides, I like deer meat!

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
Keepin it real (with a 500 yard shot to boot). Montana does have some small deer, despite the overwhelming evidence to the contrary on this thread.
qWVCDpW.jpg

This buck was a last day buck in my best spot. I'm not a big fan of shooting small bucks and I put in a lot of hard days looking for the big guys that frequent the area (and yes, there are some massive bucks in this spot). But it was not to be, and there were enough small bucks around that I'm not hurting the herd by removing one. Besides, I like deer meat!

Ain't nothing wrong with that. Meat is meat. That's the beauty about Idaho---we can usually get two tags so you can get a meat buck and then concentrate Kong.

Randy

CW_12

FNG
Great deer guys!!! I have a NM Archery hunt coming up on Jan 1st and looking at this thread got the juices flowing. I'm trying to kill my 7th mule deer with a bow. I have killed some deer in the high 140s and I really want one in the 170s.

tstowater

WKR
Classified Approved
Great deer guys!!! I have a NM Archery hunt coming up on Jan 1st and looking at this thread got the juices flowing. I'm trying to kill my 7th mule deer with a bow. I have killed some deer in the high 140s and I really want one in the 170s.

Good luck with the hunt. Is that a Unit 2 tag that you have?

Jon Pynch

FNG
some great bucks getting posted on here. congrats guys! good work!

here is my Co 3rd season buck. public/diy
View attachment 12412

also, how do you guys get the pics to show up on the post? do you have to host them somewhere and then insert the hyperlink?