Mtn lion(s) kill 15 dogs in 30 days (Colorado)

I think the difference is most of the animals you listed are fair game to kill in most places, especially problem animals. It's a hot topic because people feel they can't defend their own from wolves and many people are very unreasonable in the way they approach the conversation. A lot of funding for the animal activists come from the anti gun lobby with the intent of ungulate herds being wiped out across the country.

SSS so that future generations can enjoy freedom and hunting.
They were just examples.

There are animals that pose far greater threats to US residents, their pets, and their livelihoods than the big bad wolf. But folks get fixated on the wolf and want them eradicated despite the threat from them being very low compared to other animals (as a whole).

Bit of sarcasm, but if you listen to the anti-wolf crowd the following is accurate:

KHNC

WKR
Right, I wasn't referring to hounds as wimps. I wasn't clear on that so I'm glad you pointed that out.

With that said, I don't see why it should be anyone's concern if a hunter loses some dogs to predation. There are risks involved in pretty much any activity and by engaging it that activity, you assume the risks. Exterminating wolves to extinction because a small percentage of people want to let their dogs run free just doesn't sound right to me.

I can absolutely understand why you feel the way you do though.

Fwiw, I love dogs and have owned them most of my life so I don't revel in the idea of someone's pup getting killed or maimed. Because I loved my dogs and wanted to keep them safe, I never let them roam free. I understand hunting dogs are working dogs and that you all love them just as much. I guess we just differ on how much risk we're willing to take with them.

Lastly, I don't know what you define as "rural western living" so I'm going to leave that alone and agree that, by your definition, I must be ignorant.

Thanks for the conversation!
So, you dont care about a hunter losing a dog, or a rancher losing cattle, or a hippie losing a pet. Good to know.

"I felt like they knew our patterns."

"...try singing to keep the mountain lions away."

I've only jokes at this point. You'll all have similar ones, no doubt.
Jokes ain't gonna change it though.

WCB

WKR
Serious question....are guys actually afraid of Mt Lions while hunting? I'm talking to the point of Grizzlies and to the point they change their plans based on seeing a lion out of fear for their safety? ...wow

Azone

WKR
Serious question....are guys actually afraid of Mt Lions while hunting? I'm talking to the point of Grizzlies and to the point they change their plans based on seeing a lion out of fear for their safety? ...wow
Yes, some guys completely wig out.
I’ve been out with people and watch their whole demeanor change at the sight of cat tracks while hiking. They don’t find the humor in me telling them if the hair stands up on the back of their neck it means they’re being watched.

So, you dont care about a hunter losing a dog, or a rancher losing cattle, or a hippie losing a pet. Good to know.
Honestly, no, I don't care all that much unless it's someone I know or a dog I know. Is that really all you got out of my entire post?

You might want to consider traveling to a 3rd world country someday. I don't mean laying on a beach resort in the Dominican Republic either. I'm talking about seeing the real world, rolling up your sleeves, getting your hands and feet dirty. Maybe join a church mission or something so you can experience how life is for the other 70% of the world.

Go to places like where I've been and then come back here and tell me if you still give a crap about some stranger's $10k dog.

Hey dip wad, no need to use ma'am as a put down .
Oh sorry, sir...I mean ma'am..I mean uhhh! Hold on, let me check the list of pronouns for the appropiate title.

Zer/zim? It/they, clown/clown-self?

Sorry, I'm not sure what to call someone who nags at me other than what I orignally said.

Hahaha

RedSnow

Lil-Rokslider
They were just examples.

There are animals that pose far greater threats to US residents, their pets, and their livelihoods than the big bad wolf. But folks get fixated on the wolf and want them eradicated despite the threat from them being very low compared to other animals (as a whole).

Bit of sarcasm, but if you listen to the anti-wolf crowd the following is accurate:
I generally like sarcasm/comedy but you wont find many liberals on a hunting forum to appreciate that.

I see what you are pointing at but I think it is short sighted. I would agree that wolves/lions could have a place if managed properly but it is clear their numbers will not be managed properly. People are losing hunting opportunity and you should expect it to be a hot topic on a hunting forum. Wolfs/lions and other predators left unchecked are one of the greatest threats to herds across the country. Maybe mismanagement by fish and game agencies could be worse?

Someone needs to make a meme for Red Riding hood. I know it's the wrong fairy tale for the big bad wolf but it fits. When the hunter saves Riding Hood and Granny at the end. Little red Riding Hood is the gullible left and the granny is the rest believing the gov't when they said the wolves would be managed appropriately. The hunter was part of the SSS club...

SSS

wytx

WKR
Oh sorry, sir...I mean ma'am..I mean uhhh! Hold on, let me check the list of pronouns for the appropiate title.

Zer/zim? It/they, clown/clown-self?

Sorry, I'm not sure what to call someone who nags at me other than what I orignally said.

Hahaha
Incel? Must be by the way you talk to females.
spell check maybe?

Incel? Must be by the way you talk to females.
spell check maybe?
Are you trying to get the mods to shut down this thread? They will if we keep playing tit for tat.

The topic is CO cougars (and wolves) eating people's pets. Do you have anything to offer on the subject?

KurtR

WKR
Honestly, no, I don't care all that much unless it's someone I know or a dog I know. Is that really all you got out of my entire post?

You might want to consider traveling to a 3rd world country someday. I don't mean laying on a beach resort in the Dominican Republic either. I'm talking about seeing the real world, rolling up your sleeves, getting your hands and feet dirty. Maybe join a church mission or something so you can experience how life is for the other 70% of the world.

Go to places like where I've been and then come back here and tell me if you still give a crap about some stranger's $10k dog.
I have been places and i still care more about some ones dog than the people in bfe where ever.

Does anybody else here wanna take some off topic jabs at me?

If so, instead of clogging up the thread, put it in a PM. Then we can talk freely.
Are you trying to suck someone in to being banned. I mean you name call, a clear violation of the rules here, and suck them into doing the same. Now you ask them to do it via pm, another violation of the rules here.

I'd say at the least, a timeout is called for.

Are you trying to suck someone in to being banned. I mean you name call, a clear violation of the rules here, and suck them into doing the same. Now you ask them to do it via pm, another violation of the rules here.

I'd say at the least, a timeout is called for.
I don't understand. How is private messaging an offense?

PS - You obviously didn't comprehend what I wrote. Try reading it again and pay extra close attention to my reasons.