Moving to Seattle

Clark33

WKR
Welcome to King Inslee’s hellscape.

I’m in eastern WA and choose to spend my time and money hunting out of state unless I draw I limited quota tag.

Welcome to King Inslee’s hellscape.

I’m in eastern WA and choose to spend my time and money hunting out of state unless I draw I limited quota tag.

Smart. Even the draw tags are getting to be hardly worth putting in for anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clark33

WKR
He should be good on guns since he owned them prior, but his "high capacity" mags may be in question since the law says its illegal to import mags with a capacity greater than 10 rounds. Clown state I tell ya

EDIT: It's also basically an unenforceable law since mags purchased before the date the law went into effect are grandfathered in and no one is going door to door checking.

We all know OP has had his "high capacity mags" in secure storage in WA since before that bill went into effect, so he won't be guilty of "importing" his "high capacity magazines"

Same goes for his "assault weapons" if that legislation passes.

VinoVino

Lil-Rokslider
We all know OP has had his "high capacity mags" in secure storage in WA since before that bill went into effect, so he won't be guilty of "importing" his "high capacity magazines"

Same goes for his "assault weapons" if that legislation passes.
It definitely hastened my purchase of a P365XL. Plus, convinced me to keep my PPX.

7layerburrito

Lil-Rokslider
Hey man, feel free to DM me -- Ive worked out here for a few years and can recommend some worthwhile hunting opportunities around the state. It's not a viable western big game state *at all* but there's plenty of public land and some fun stuff to be had.

not sure how much of a duck hunter you are coming from south texas, but there is some really good duck hunting in the areas outside of seattle, especially north in skagit and whatcom counties.

Wrench

WKR
Washington resident, former wdfw board and lifetime hunter.

You will be disappointed to ever think you'll get away from people, but you can be flush with opportunities to hunt.

The fishing in Washington is pretty solid. I've only killed one elk on your side....but did see quite a few. Access can be very difficult. There's a lot of cool stuff to see just a few hours east.

Ps, don't let the intense liberalism ruin you. They can turn a moderate democrat into a flag burner in a few weeks.

OP
Insomnia

Insomnia

Lil-Rokslider
Washington resident, former wdfw board and lifetime hunter.

You will be disappointed to ever think you'll get away from people, but you can be flush with opportunities to hunt.

The fishing in Washington is pretty solid. I've only killed one elk on your side....but did see quite a few. Access can be very difficult. There's a lot of cool stuff to see just a few hours east.

Ps, don't let the intense liberalism ruin you. They can turn a moderate democrat into a flag burner in a few weeks.
As a moderate democrat-leaning young dude, I've been through some extreme liberal and republican places and came out pretty much the same.

Elkangle

WKR
Dang I didn't realize Washington hunting was so bad lol politics/people aside Washington is an awesome state, there is a lifetime of adventure there if you choose to go do it... take advantage of multiseason deer tag, weyco permits, muzzy elk tags, bear tags

Dang I didn't realize Washington hunting was so bad lol politics/people aside Washington is an awesome state, there is a lifetime of adventure there if you choose to go do it... take advantage of multiseason deer tag, weyco permits, muzzy elk tags, bear tags

Don’t get me started on permit numbers the last 10 years but hey we get two fall bear tags!

This commission is coming for the rest. They want everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey y'all, I'm almost definitely moving to Seattle near the end of this year from south Texas. Because of my job, I won't be able to spend as much time driving around and scouting as I would like, and I have next to no knowledge of what lands are even legal to hunt on near Seattle, or what big game is in what area. If anyone who hunts near the King county region, or in NW Washington in general, please reach out to me so I can ask a few simple questions, I promise I'm not going to ask for anything more than a very general area or legal areas.
If you have questions you can reach out been in the Puget sound area my whole life.

sterlryu

FNG
Bear hunting is supposed to be pretty good. Lots of grouse if you know where to look in the cascades. If you want an easy, sure thing archery hunt, drive up, park, and shoot a blacktail in the san juans - they're overrun. Elk is hard - there are some healthy herds on the coast, but the jungle is so thick, I'd rather drive out of state.

VinoVino

Lil-Rokslider
Bear hunting is supposed to be pretty good. Lots of grouse if you know where to look in the cascades. If you want an easy, sure thing archery hunt, drive up, park, and shoot a blacktail in the san juans - they're overrun. Elk is hard - there are some healthy herds on the coast, but the jungle is so thick, I'd rather drive out of state.
Now I want to walk onto the ferry from Orcas Island with a blacktail packout in my backpack… 😄

My dad lives on Lopez and although at times they can be completely over populated out there he told me last year was a bad year they lost a lot due to disease. Not staying this as fact just what I heard also huntable land is not easy to find out there from my experience